Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

option buttons appear grey when selected rather than a black dot 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinrobson

Programmer
Jun 2, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have an option button frame with 2 buttons in it. When i select either one, they grey out instead of showing the black dot. Apart from that they work fine.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Martin

Its as Danvlas says they, the option button does not know whether it is true or false. Set the default value of the option button to either true or false and you should be ok.

Savil:
"When i select either one"...this is what puzzles me. Selecting one or the other should eliminate the 'ambiguity', but it doesn't. That means the 'Null' is passed after the selection has been made...

[pipe]
Daniel Vlas
Systems Consultant

Check the field itself. It should be a text field, not a yes or no field.

Cheers guys.

The field is set as a text field and the default value is set to 0 so that when the buttons load they are white rather than grey. If i remove that then they both start grey and are also grey when selected.

I do have some code behind the buttons, mainly to change the value entered into the table from 1/2 to D/I, here it is:

Private Sub DIRECT_INDIRECT_FRAME_Click()

Dim D as integer
Dim I as integer

Select Case DIRECT_INDIRECT_FRAME
Case Is = 1
Me!DIRECT_INDIRECT_CODE.VALUE = "D"
Case Else
Me!DIRECT_INDIRECT_CODE.VALUE = "I"
End Select

End Sub

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.