Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 81C Post-dial delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomiga1

Technical User
Apr 30, 2010
US
I stumbled across something while troubleshooting a post-dial delay problem. This has been ongoing for a few months. Outbound calls take anywhere from 5-20+ seconds for ringback?
The circuits are set to linear hunt though I really don't know how to tell if the channels are being chosen in the correct order.
Anyway, today I read something on TekTips that made me try dialing the number by first inserting the ACOD.
It only made a difference though if I used the area code too......even for local numbers.
Ringback began immediately.....for local and long distance.
Any comments/suggestions how to fix?

Thanks for all!

Thanks rpneal44, do I need to add "X0" for each entry 0-7? What exactly does 0-7 refer to?
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT rlb
RLI 2

RLI 2
ELC NO
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 2
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 1
DMI 0
CTBL 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
DORG NO
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ENTR 1
LTER NO
ROUT 10
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 2
DMI 0
CTBL 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
DORG NO
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ISET 2
NALT 5
MFRL 2
OVLL 0

How bout you make entry 0 Route 10 and do away with entry 1? That will fix it the right way.

Working with the vendor, we discovered a couple things......local/ld traffic being sent across same route and we believe that the carrier is waiting to see more digits before processing the call, hence the need to add the area code to make call route faster.

What the vendor purposed was to add the local area code to DMI table and ringback time has greatly improved now with local calls.

Not sure this is the only/best resolution but it is a work around for now.

Thanks all for the continued support!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back