Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 81 in a hotel. Block a room ext from the greeting tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seattleguy

Technical User
Jun 25, 2013
US
Here is what the customer sent to me: I’m wondering if it’s possible to block a room extension when a caller chooses option 6. E.g. if they choose 6 then enter 2001.Is it possible to block people connecting to room numbers from option 6? i.e. block 7+ and 2+ and 3+?
Had a phishing scam which could have been done within the hotel but more likely from outside.

The incoming callers reach a hotel menu tree and to reach a room u must press 6, then enter a room number.
I think he may be asking can u restrict or block reaching one particular room??? Like 2001.
Once u press 6 i'm not sure how u would or could block one room from the tree??
Can that be done?? I hope that is what he is asking. I will double check.

Thank you

I think it is possible to set up pre translation to the guest phones to restrict them from dialing other rooms.

An example is shown in the attached link.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

I dont see an attached link example the only link is someones profile.

so the link is again someones profile, Am i supposed to ask this person? I dont understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back