Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 61c Setup Add ext to hunt group 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiglia

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2008
Hi Guys.

I currently have a Nortel Option 61c and I would like to add a few extensions to an existing hunt group. I have read through this forum for the last few hours and I can't seem to find anything that works. I'm a network engineer so my cli experience on Nortel is very limited. Any help or suggestions would be great.

Hi,

LD 20
REQ: PRT
TYPE: GHT
LSNO Enter

This will give you a list of all your hunt groups and the extensions in the hunt groups. Find the hunt group that you need to change and:

LD 18
REQ CHG
TYPE GHT
LSNO the list number

enter till

Entry (Or something like that) type the position number where you want the add the extension and the extension (note: you will overwrite the current entry is the position is in use). I.e.: 5 1234
Enter till REQ

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

When I try:

LD 20
REQ: PRT
TYPE: GHT
LSNO Enter

It prints SCH0443?

I am assuming this means I do not have a hunt group setup. In our office there is an extension 2000 that rings simultaneously at 5 different 2616 phones. Any idea why I am getting this error? Thanks for your response man!

Then it's probably not a hunt group, but a MCR key or something like that. Hunt groups don't ring simultaneous, but in order of the list.

What does LD 20 tell you when you print the DN?

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Its scrolls too fast for me to read and I cannot scroll up but, basically it displays each TN tied to that number.

It does seem to be an MCR key. Can you help me add a MCR key to a new extension? Thanks so much for your help!

Hi again,

Does the phone exist already and does it need to have the MCR added? Or is it a complete new phone?

If the phone already exists:

LD 20
REQ: CHG
TYPE: The phone Type
TN The TN of the phone
ECHG YES
ITEM KEY X MCR YYY Z (X the key number, YYY the DN for the MCR, Y the CLID entry)

Check an existing TN for the correct MCR stuff

New phone:

- Find a free TN (Do a search in the forum for LUVU, posted that a few days ago)
- Print an existing phone
- Copy the config to the new TN and change where necessary

Marc D.

I receive an error when attempting to add MRC key.

I think the key is a MARP key? Can you explain the difference? Sorry for all the questions but you are a great help!

Not sure if you made the typo on the CLI as well. But it's MCR not MRC.

There can be only 1 MARP, but that is a complete other story and shouldn't be a problem here. What is the error code? Maybe you have hit the limit of the MCR. You can "only" have 32 MCR keys with the same DN

Marc D.

I did use MCR and the Error Message SCH0373 pops up. I tried on 3 different keys.

Print one of the other TNs in the list when you print the DN

you will probably see they are programmed as SCR on the other phones. If they are MCR - you might have reached the limit of 30 appearances you can programm

Mmmm never seen that 1 before...

SCH0373 Loop number does not match DN loop. Multiple loop DN restricted in LD 17. Creation or expansion restricted.

Check your MLDN prompt in LD 22 REQ: PRT - TYPE: PARM.

But I really have no clue on what it does... Never used it. Will look in the lab (If needed) tomorrow.

You could check to see if the TN you are trying to add is on the same loop as the other TN's currently in use (1st half of the TN). If not try to find a TN on the same loop. If they are on different loops already I think you need to count the total number of MCR keys and make sure they are below 32.

Marc D.

Thanks for your help on this one234! I will try to check all of the Key config on a working set.

Check your MLDN prompt in LD 22 REQ: PRT - TYPE: PARM.

LD17, REQ CHG, TYPE PARM, Set MLDN=YES to resolve

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Thanks for the help everyone! It really is greatly appreciated.

GHTROUT what exactly should I look for in MLDN prompt?

Just to recap: I currently have extension 4000 ring at 6 or 7 extensions. I am attempting to add the number to more phones and can not seem to figure out how it is currently setup.

Here is a copy of the PRT DNB for an extension that rings properly for the main line in:

DN 3404
CPND First Last
XLPN 23
DISPLAY_FORMAT FIRST,LAST
TYPE SLI
TN 20 0 1 07 KEY 08 H MARP DES SALES
(2616)

And another:

DN 3401
CPND
NAME first, last
XLPN 23
DISPLAY_FORMAT FIRST,LAST
TYPE SLI
TN 020 0 01 04 KEY 08 H MARP DES SALES

Can someone explain how this MCR is setup.

Also I did check the PARM and MLDN was set to no. I changed it to yes.

I have it working now! Thanks for everyones help!

The only thing that confuses me is that I had to add it as:

key 08 scr XXXX 0

I was under the impression that scr was for single extentions.

SCR (single call ring) once answered it can not receive additional calls. MCR (multiple call ring) - when answered on 1 phone can still receive calls on the other phones.

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back