Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OPTION 61C KEEPS CUTTING OFF 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwil

ISP
Jun 10, 2003
ZA
Hi
I need help desperately. My IPE shelf keeps cutting off intermittently. We did replace the power supply,ring generator. Network card and controller card.But the problem still persist, that it drops only for about 30 second that their is no power all phones are dead.

Thanks for your response. Is that the backplane of the IPE shelf. If it is yes we did replaced it.

What errors do you encounter both before and after this happens? There should be some indication of why it is doing this. Let me know

Hi. There is no warning before hand. The phones just cuts for a couple of seconds the everything comes back up. The only errors afterwards is a power error. That's why we replaced the IPE shelf and the Power Supply. If you want the error codes I can Place them for you.
Thanks

If you use both M2216/2616/3820's and M390x phones be very carefull: The M390x phones have softkeys which if connected to the port immediatelly request the softkeys to be filled. If the programmed port is not similair to the set, it might very likelly cause your IPE shelf to reboot !!!

I encountered the following: a user mentioned that his office phone 9he claimed M3904) was not setup, so (stupid me, never trust a user) I programmed a M3904. immediatelly after i pressed the final ENTER, I lost all calls in this IPE shelf (which was about 100 calls at that time)

It's a know issue but there is only one solution: Just connect a phone to a correct programmed type of port (goes for M3904 / M3905, maybe also for the M3903).

The best thing to do is power down the whole switch as to get rid of any data corruption there may be. As you are losing calls anyway that woudln't matter if you are off line for a while.

You stated that you are getting a power message.

Based on this, you can pretty much rule out the PBX from a software point. Check your fan assembly, and the entire wiring harness right up to the thermocoupler in the top cap. This is where you need to be concentrating. Also your System monitor card may be bad. This card can control power to the column.

Good luck.

--
Fletch

Supernn,

We've just experienced the same..... Well that's a new one on me..

At least I've learnt something today.

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Have you replaced the system monitor card in the base of the column you are experiencing the tbl in? Possibly a loose ribbon cable on the back of the IPE shelf?

if in doubt pull the sys mon card, are you getting a alarmon the cab. are other ipe's in the col dying, and do the stations on that ipe match the phone types, inv gen sets in 117 will idu all phones so you can llok for mismatches. those can cause problems, 3900's started that problem when the 1st came out but i thout it had been resolved. i talked to a tech that had the same problem, the end user was changing sets to 3900, a card at a time then walking to the phone and changing them, sometime if users tried to use the mismatched station the controller would reload.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

It only affected the IPE we were working in. And we've recreated the fault on a test switch we have. As a result we've changed our proceedure for swapping phones over esp when dealing with the 39xx.

happy days......

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

ld 90
chg
net
ac1
npa
1xxx

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search