Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 61C Battery Backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMesser44

Technical User
Jul 21, 2011
US
thread798-1625286

Hello folks, just took over a 61C switch, and trying to find some information on the backup batteries. The batteries are not marked with an installation date, but I found a handreceipt for them dating 1997, (14 years). They are still hold a charge but would like to have them replaced.

Question: What is the type of battery I should be using for this type of system? (only worked on 11C's before.)

The type of batteries required is depending on the type of power supply used.

The used power supply is depending on your country requirements. We need to use a system that converts 380V AC to -48 DC (Rectifier?). Each system could require their own type of batteries.

You could try to get the required information from the NTPs (NN43021-220 CS1000M and M1 Large System Planning and Engineering). That document has a Power and grounding topic.

You could also try to get the information from the supplier of the rectifier.

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

There are always battery companies - places that work on UPS and battery backup. Personally, I would just throw it in the hands of those experts.

We do not want to scrape your remains off the walls. I rely on the people that do batteries all day long.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

Depends on type of Stand bye power supply system
If You are in UK it will be a 2008b power system if its 14 years old
How many Batteries in the cabinets and what are the Voltages
I always use Yuasa if 8 X 6v batts (3VB11 Equiv)
Or Chloride is 12V batts if its Mpower

another important piece of information that's needed is this. Are they wet cell or dry cell. Whatever you do make sure the float voltage is set properly for the battery string you buy.

Thanks for the tips guys/gals. I think I am just going to have my company replace them all...there is a local Vendor here in Turkey that can do it...again, thanks for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back