Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 61 IP Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxis

MIS
Mar 10, 2003
US
Sorry to bother you all once again, but I have yet another question about this switch that was recently made my responsibility.

I know my Option 61 is on the ELAN since there is a Cat5 cable connected to the ELAN hub going into a transiever on the J23 connector on the back of Core0. How do I find out what the switch IP address is so that I can have OTM use the ELAN instead of a 9600 serial connection?

ld 137
stat elnk

And you will get the active IP of the port

You can also go to LD 117 and print the host

>prt host

it will give you the addresses that are on the switch. as stated above stat elnk in LD 137 will give you the active ELNK IP address

Since there are connection to the PBX you just need to get the active IP address. Write it down, when you get back to your pc Ping the address. If it comes back with a echo disconnect the cat 5 to the tranceives and try the ping command again. You should have no echo's. If you understand the 61c just unhook the active core cat5 cable.

Thanks for all the information. However the IP doesn't seem to want to work with OTM. I can ping the IP address on the 61C no problem, but when OTM attempts to use an ethernet connection to the switch, it never makes it past the "Accessing System" step. I gave me an error message a couple of times, but I can't seem to reproduce it.

Any thoughts on what may be wrong with my configuration?

You need to set up 2 PTY's in the PBX. Look in the NTP's under LD 17.
Req :chg
Type: adan
Adan: new tty 5
Type PTY
etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back