Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 61 calls revert to 2nd dial tone while dialing number 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneact

Technical User
Jul 7, 2015
US
This happens to people using route 5 for outgoing calls. After dialing 9 and receiving the dial tone. users dial a number and it reverts back to dial tone again. If I hit 9 again it reverts to a fast busy. It is intermittent, but happens enough that customers with that TGAR complain.

It happens to different channels of the T-1 that are used by route 5. Doing a enhanced trace LD 80 I see that it happens on the following TN's in route 5. In 5 minutes of test calls it did it 6 times. What would be the common thing causing this. It is getting worse.

TN 002 19 MBER 2
TN 013 19 MBER 7
TN 013 20 MBER 8
TN 013 22 MBER 10
TN 018 20 MBER 12
Would it be a routing issue or telecom channels? When you dial 9 is that dial tone switch dial tone or Telco dial tone?

I would start off looking at the history file in
LD 22
REQ PRT
TYPE AHST

Look for any trunk errors. It sounds as if you are experiencing line problems and you may need to contact your telco to find out if you have any circuit problems.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

You could use the maintenance set to access those individual channels and see if they fail every time.

Thank you for the great assistance. One thing I noticed about the trunks I have issues with is that they all SUPN set to NO.I looked at all of the other trunks on the switch and SUPN is set to yes. TN 18 22 has an issue and TN 18-23 does not. Shouldn't all the trunks have SUPN set to yes? Would LD 14 be the place to program SUPN?

DES Trunk with issues
TN 018 22
TYPE COT
CDEN SD
CUST 0

TRK DTI
PDCA 1
PCML MU
NCOS 7
RTMB 5 14
ATDN 514
SIGL GRD
SUPN NO
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DTN CND ECD WTA LPR APN THFD SPCD
P10 NTC
TKID 2760299

AACR NO
DATE 3 JAN 2008

DES Trunk with no issues
TN 018 23
TYPE COT
CDEN SD
CUST 0

TRK DTI
PDCA 1
PCML MU
NCOS 3
RTMB 2 5
ATDN 3977
SIGL GRD
SUPN YES
AST NO
IAPG 0
P10 NTC
TKID 2783618

AACR NO
DATE 19 FEB 2006

I have some new issues since I referred this to our Telco. Now we not only get dial tone back like we did before, but some calls are going to a busy tone. I did a trunk stat LD 60 and all looks good to me but then I am no expert. How do I know the TN of the Loop channels? I look the route list but can't figure out how to match the tn with the trunk loops
DTI TRK LOOP 2 - ENBL
FFMT/LCMT/YALMT: D4/ AMI/DG2
SERVICE RESTORE: YES
YEL ALM PROCESS: YES
ALARM STATUS : NO ALARM
CH 01 - BUSY CO VOD CH 02 - IDLE CO VOD
CH 03 - IDLE CO VOD CH 04 - IDLE CO VOD
CH 05 - IDLE DID VOD CH 06 - IDLE DID VOD
CH 07 - IDLE DID VOD CH 08 - IDLE DID VOD

CH 09 - IDLE DID VOD CH 10 - IDLE DID VOD
CH 11 - IDLE DID VOD CH 12 - IDLE DID VOD
CH 13 - IDLE DID VOD CH 14 - BUSY DID VOD
CH 15 - IDLE DID VOD CH 16 - IDLE DID VOD
CH 17 - IDLE DID VOD CH 18 - BUSY CO VOD
CH 19 - IDLE CO VOD CH 20 - IDLE CO VOD
CH 21 - BUSY CO VOD CH 22 - BUSY CO VOD
CH 23 - IDLE CO VOD CH 24 - IDLE CO VOD

DES
TN 018 22
TYPE COT
CDEN SD
CUST 0

TRK DTI
PDCA 1
PCML MU
NCOS 7
RTMB 5 14
ATDN 514
SIGL GRD
SUPN NO This has been set to yes
AST NO
IAPG 0
P10 NTC
TKID 2760299

AACR NO
DATE 3 JAN 2008

DES
TN 018 23
TYPE COT
CDEN SD
CUST 0

TRK DTI
PDCA 1
PCML MU
NCOS 3
RTMB 2 5
ATDN 3977
SIGL GRD
SUPN YES
AST NO
IAPG 0
P10 NTC
TKID 2783618

AACR NO
DATE 19 FEB 2006
I would like to set up a maint. phone and I am looking over the instructions now. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The maintenance phone can be any display phone, 2008, 2616, 3000 series. You put MTA in CLS to allow this. Then you use your SPRE Code in conjunction with the maintenance set to individually access trunks

Thanks for the information, I have set up the Maintenance phone 3904 and able to access the trunks one at a time. Is there a way to access a T Span trunk and then back up one and access another without doing a **** and starting over.
Is there dial tone on a T span trunk? the ones I have accessed I do not hear dial tone?
If the trunk I access is in use why would I not hear voice? Thanks for your help. There is one route group that is getting busy calls on would it be best to add STEP route so the outgoing calls would go through?

If I remember right you can do **# to back up. If a trunk is busy you will get an error message.

Thanks KCFLHRC. The Telco is going to re-set the 3 T Spans in an hour. They say Trucks are showing disabled but I do not see that in LD 60. Only idle or busy. If a truck was in use when I access it would I have disconnected the call or would I hear conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back