Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11c TDMI issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

twilly03

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2002
US
We have one T1 coming from Verizon. Last Thursday I was notified that we could not make long distance calls, but local(because we have a route to send it through POTs lines).

I looked at the system and I saw errors of the D channel going down, then come back up. I ran a stat on loop 1, in ld 60 and noticed all the B channels were in MKBSY.

I thought it was a carrier isse(still may). I contacted Verizon and they see the B channels in lock out, but they see the D channel up, and they do not see the D channel coming up and down every 5 minutes or so on the phone system.

I had a tech come out and check the equipment(we have a DS3 on site), and they were able to make calls through all the B channels on the circuit at the DS3.

I even did the following to no avail:

LD 96
dis dch 10

LD 60
dis cc 0

LD 96
dis tdmi 1 all

Reseated the card
Then re-enabled all of them

Same thing, D channel bounced up and down and the B channels stated MKBSY

Is this a symptom of a card gone bad?

Also, I see a bunch of PRI 227 errors

I am wondering if Verizon removed the SL1 Profile during some maintenance. I just found it odd that the Verizon tech did not know what I was talking about. I think he thought it was DMS 100.

When you enable the tmdi card try this..

do enl tmdi 1 fdl

This force downloads the firmware on the tmdi card.

which ld is that in?

Also, when I was on the phone with Verizon, they think DMS 100/250 is the same as SL1 Profile, is this true?

Not sure about the profile. The enl tmdi command is in ld 96.

do this:

1. dis dch X (LD 96)
2. disl X (LD 60)
3. dis tmdi X (LD 48)
4. slft tmdi X (LD 48) - Hope you get back the self test passed

5. enl tmdi fdl (LD 48)
6. enll X (LD 60

X being your dchannel / Loop / TMDI card numbers

If you do the slft and you don't see the card reset XMI002 then you may have an issue with the card. Also reset your CSU.

Don't worry if you get a bunch of TMDI messages that scroll uncontrollably, it will end. I think they are TMDI107. But if you do get those the card will still come up, but you should probably schedule a replacement of the card

If you don't pass the slft (self test) then it could be a bad card. The selftest is the next best thing you can do to reseating the card.

Hope this helps.

John

John,

I tried as suggested and I get a bunch of PRI227. The carrier(verizon is playing dumb) cannot confirm if there is the SL1PROF enabled on the circuit.

I did not have enough time to do the self test as this particular D channel is the source clock for a bunch of other TDMI tie lines.

I asked our phone tech about this and what we did was put the CSU in loopback and the B channels went idle and stayed idle, so he thinks the card is fine.

We also confirmed that the D channel is configured as DMS 250, but need our carrier to confirm.

You know, if this was working with no issues then stopped working, I doubt it has anything to do with having the SL1PROF loaded on their side.

You can do the SLFT at night when traffic is slow and it shouldn't affect the system that much. It only takes about 1-2 miniutes to do the test.

The tech shouldh have seen the dchannel establish in "Wrong Mode" and that is the final message on a looped circuit. You should then get the carrier on the line and have them reset the circuit to see if that helps.

John

Well finally got it fixed and it was the carrier.

Just an FYI...

The circuit was configured for 5ESS and it should of been DMS250, and the Swtich type was set to DEFAULT and it should of been set to MERIDIAN.

This was all on the carrier side. Of course, they played stupid and said "I am not sure how this changed?

Tell them the Travelocity Gnome must have done it.

No kidding.... What I hate is that when you work with vendors on an issue, it is ALWAYS your fault.

MCSE 2003
MCSA 2003
MCTS

FYI, we have a couple of T1s using TMDIs to Verizon Business (aka, MCI) defined as DMS250. The one "gotcha" with them is they want DCH service messaging enabled in LD 96.

Here is my ADAN definition for my VZB circuit:

ADAN DCH 26
CTYP TMDI
MG_CARD 008 0 02
PORT 1
DES VERIZON_LD
USR PRI
DCHL 26
OTBF 32
PARM RS232 DTE
DRAT 64KC
CLOK EXT