Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11c Release 25 - Backup ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

saphiamond

Technical User
Jul 18, 2006
US
Hello I am remotely accessing this Option 11c release 25. I have read on the boards here that you can backup/archive the whole database to PCMCIA...or to a laptop...and that you have to be on tty 0 - I have no idea what that means since I haven’t been officially trained on the product. I've only been programming it for maybe 6-8 months.

Can someone shed some light on the backup? How exactly do I verify if there’s a card in place and that backups are occurring? Is there a way to schedule backups or must they be done manually? Should this be done after hours? What exactly is the best procedure?

Please forgive my ignorance....please help with details ???

Thank You.!
Andre

When you login remotely, what does the prompt say when you hit the enter Key?

Backups will be done to the internal harddrive if any changes were made that day. you can print the AHST/PHST to see what has occered since the last print.

The backup to the PCMCIA card is for an Option 11. The 61/81 backs up to a floppy disk, if the disk is not there you will get an error.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

I just get the carot:

TTY #00 LOGGED IN 13:26 19/4/2007

>ld
AUD000
SL1000
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 860938 USED U P: 331404 167529 TOT: 1359871
DISK RECS AVAIL: 222
TNS AVAIL: 0 USED: 700 TOT: 700
ACD AGENTS AVAIL: 300 USED: 0 TOT: 300
AST AVAIL: 100 USED: 0 TOT: 100
DATA PORTS AVAIL: 2500 USED: 0 TOT: 2500
DIGITAL TELEPHONES AVAIL: 2052 USED: 448 TOT: 2500
INTERNET TELEPHONES AVAIL: 0 USED: 0 TOT: 0

REQ:

I know it's an option 11c Release 25. So what command do I use to tell if theres a flash card for backup? I can I schedule backups? Will backup affect dialtone?

Thanks
Andre

Look at the SSC card in the main cabinet. There are 2 slots for PCMCIA cards. The backup if available will be in Slot 1.

I am remote and have no IT people onsite.

If I go to ld 43 and do EDD, what will happen if theres no floppy in the drive?? How do I verify the backup was successful? How do I restore off of that floppy?

Thank you
Andre

I've done a guide on backing up a Option 11, 11e or a 11c system. It's gives you most of the required info to backup to a external drive via a comms program such as Hyperterminal or Procomm etc. Just email me via the link below if you require it. Don't post your email address on this forum!.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Useful Nortel forum at
If it's working, then leave it alone!.

As Johnthephone said..there are no floppies in an Option 11. Your backups are in LD 143 not LD 43. If you try to back up to a nonexistent flash card it will say drive not available.

I just get the carot:

TTY #00 LOGGED IN 13:26 19/4/2007
"

It say's TTY 0 Logged in, so your on TTY 0.

You do still use ld 43 for internal backup.

You can check to see if it is doing nightly backups by going to ld 22 and prt OVLY. Look in the DROL to see if LD 43 is there.

LD 143 is for external backup and other utilities.

Stuff a PCMCIA adaptor with a Compact Flash card in slot A in the face of the SSC card of the Option 11. Login and load up 143. Type Upgrade and then select the Archive from the menu. This will backup the FULL system to the CF card. Pull the card, replace the CF card with another, and reinsert it into the SSC card. Leave it there for daily backups, and rotate the CF cards monthly, off-site.

DocVic

I did a prt ovly in ld 22 and the DROL shows LD 43 is running.

Does that mean its backing up to the systems own HD?

Someone told me my system has no Hardrive but has a Software Delivery Card (SSC)?

How does this fit in to the scenario? How would I restore from the backup to internal??

Your help is most appreciated!

Andre

Your Option 11 has internal "Flash" memory with the system and all programming in it. Your midnite backup runs every nite (if enabled)and will backup to all devices. If the SSC card goes bad, you need the the Compact Flash to restore from a full reload. This is the A drive. The internal is your C drive. Most site never use the Compact Flash card to backup and run the risk of losing a system and having to "hand build" a system to recover. The product is pretty reliable and big crashes don't happen that often, but....

DocVic

It also backs up to the daughter board... I've had SSC Cards go Tango Uniform before and replaced them adding the daughter board from the old card and everything came back just like that.

So I did a LD 22 PRT AHST:
----------------------------------------------------
% Starting internal database backup
% to internal backup drive
% Synching drives
% Updating internal backup
% Backing up c:/p/sl1/direct.rec
% Backing up c:/p/disk.sys
% Backing up c:/p/os/diskoscc.sym
% Backing up c:/p/sl1/ovlrescc.sym
% Backing up c:/p/sl1/sl1rescc.sym
% Backing up c:/u/db/database.rec
% Backing up c:/u/db/config.rec
% Backing up c:/u/db/inet.db
% Backing up c:/u/db/zone.db
% Backing up c:/u/db/eset1.db 2CE.213 COPY/MAILSINGH H MAR
% Backing up c:/u/db/eset2.db
(2616) 1
% Backing up c:/u/db/iprem.db7020

% Backing up c:/u/db/surv.dbTH SUDHIR2616)
% Backing up c:/u/patch/reten/reten.pch SL1107

TN 021 0 00 03 KE
% Backing up c:/u/patch/p16094a3.11c4PLN 16
% Backing up c:/u/patch/p16094b3.11cYPE SL1Y_FMT FI
TN
% Backing up c:/u/patch/p16094c3.11cP DES 2

DN
% Backing up c:/u/patch/p16094d3.11c CPND5 KEY 10

% Backing up c:/u/patch/p16094e3.11c

XP
% Backing up c:/u/patch/p16095_1.11c
DI
DISPLAY_F
% Backing up c:/u/patch/p16603_1.11c
% Backing up c:/u/patch/p16669_1.11c2
TN 017 0 00 14 KE
------------------------------------------------------

So what exactly is this backing up? Translations (stations, trunks, config)?

Where is it backing up to?

Andre

if this is a opt-11 the best way to do a backup is only
to do this just go to LD 143
XBK
the system asked for a file name
then it give you a little while [about 1 min. ] to set you pc to recive the file.
i use procomm. it is the icon of a folder with an arrow pointing in.
once the procomm windows is open i ust enter the file name and the location on my pc
it works great and is my favorite way of restoring system

XRT to restore. [don't forget to EDD before you reboot]

Ok, just so I have the terminology correct:

My system is currently backing up to the daughter board, and to the internal HD.Is that correct?

How would I do a restore from the daughterboard or internal HD?

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back