Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11C in the garage 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

felix-gogo

Technical User
Aug 10, 2017
JP
Hi all,

I recently purchased sight unseen a used Meridian One Option 11C from ebay. Knowing the perils of getting a system this way was offset by the fact it was equipped with 4 FALC cards which would allow me to provide dial tone and ringing to my collection of GPO Bakelite telephones. I had researched for some time a suitable PABX system and my ancient experience with the Meridian - I was at BT from 1980 to 1994 and I was selected as one of the first Meridian trained engineers, and worked at Nortel in Maidenhead and Galway back in the day.
This was many years ago, and I stopped working on M1 back in 1997, so my knowledge is very very rusty.

I was very lucky with my purchase, as it was complete with the 3 SDI port cable, all Krone cables, BT documentation, 2 PRI, DTS, 1 Digital LC, 4 FALC and a 11C SSC card. the default PSWD1 was the same as I remembered from BT, so I have successfully set it up in my garage and it works a treat. I can access LD2,10,11,15,17,20,95 etc.

Onto my question. I cannot access LD32, and therefore I can't start the process to 'out' the two PRI cards, which I don't need, to allow me to install the XCOT card which I purchased separately. I would like to connect my single home line to the system, and access external dial tone from the extensions.

Clearly my sign-in does not have the required permission to all the overlays, and my one attempt to sign in at PSWD2 level locked up the TTY0 for some time.

Are they any default PSWD2 that I might try - given this was a BT installed and would probably have the default sign-ins? My memory does not extend to possible PSWD2, as normally the PSWD1 had the ability to get into LD32.

If successful, I would like to grant full access to all overlays from the PSWD1 (0000).

Option11C_zugfjl.jpg

I think your best bet is to get in touch with me as I'm also ex BT and used to configure those beasts in the UK. We don't discuss passwords on this forum. Just follow my link.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

what version of software is it on? LD 22 REQ iss

BTW to out a PRI
LD 14 - out the channels
LD 73 - Remove the clocking
LD 17 - Out the DCH and PRI Loop
LD 16 - Out the RDB

Looks like FB is going to help you with the password so thats ok, I am also in UK ex Nortel & Kingston

Maybe I can show to my wife, who thinks I am the only one in the entire world who has phone equipment at home. Glad to know I am not the only one! Great looking system!

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

No Joe, you aren't the only one. A garage in the UK is rarely used these days to hold a car. It's a good area to house all your man boxes along with a few spares and often it's enough to build your own working system.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Moving into a new place today, she obliged when I said I get a server cart that cleans all the wires up, and reduce my phone system from 50 phones to 6, need a storage locker for all of the others!

Hey curious....keep your eye out on overhead paging for me in the UK....been to any stores lately where you've heard phone system paging in the UK?

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

Heck no. There was a time I could have opened my own grey market shop from my garage. My wife made me get rid of all of it, but I still have some of it in storage. You just never know when you are going to need it.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

Phew! And I thought it was only me with loads of telephony gear in the garage! My therapist will be very pleased...

Well, my telephony gear is in the Kitchen...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back