Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11C Feature Codes 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncsurfisher

Technical User
Dec 15, 2005
US
I have a “new to us” Option 11 switch that we are bringing onboard. Right now the switch uses auth codes for long distance dialing. They access local calling by dialing 9 plus the number. For LD calls they dial 86, put in their auth code, get dial tone, and then dial the LD number. The LD calls are captured by a local Cost Account system.

The problem is I don’t know why they are dialing 86 for LD. I do know that 8 is the system SPREE code. Any idea why they are dialing a 6 afterwards? Are they invoking a feature by dialing SPREE + 6?

Eventually the local cost account system will be replaced with auth codes from the carrier. At that point I will open the dial plan so that they just dial 9 for everything and are restricted by auth codes for toll type calls. I had hoped to keep the 86 dial code for a short period and open it up the same as the dial 9 so that users could enter either code to help make the transition easier.

never heard of using the spree plus to dial out, that is usually ac2.. if you enter the npa's in ac 1 the auth codes will go away, but you'll need to make the frl of the rli match the sets as needed.. in lf 57
Code:
REQ  prt
TYPE ffc
CUST 0
CODE all

that will show you where the 6 is built.. if you print the dnb of 6 what does it show?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

8 is the SPRE Code. That plus 6 is used for Auth codes. This is a system default. You can set it up as trailing digit. That would allow the user to dial the whole number and then prompt them for an Auth code. this method works great. If you refer to the features and services NTP's it can give you more detail. I also know that Spre + 3 is call pickup, SPRE + 5 is charge codes....

that's a new one on me. my post dial auth codes work on 9 plus 1 plus the area code + seven digits then you get the auth code tone if your ncos requires one to reach that number. with the spree 6 can you only request codes from, say nocs 3 and below?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

With the Auth Codes you can either use your SPRE 8 (in your case) and 6 tells switch next number are the auth code, or should also be able to dial the LD number then you hear beeps (3 I think) then enter the auth code call then proceeds if that auth code allows that level call to go through. Auth codes can be over ridden with NCOS and/or TGAR settings for individual sets.

Thanks for all the quick answers. I met with the users yesterday and told them that they would have to learn to dial 9 for all outgoing calls at the cutover. They were fine with that. Mluckie1 has the answer but I could not find it in the books anywhere. My hope was to leave the dial plan intact as much as possible, but that is not going to be an option - at least not one worth the trouble.

I left out one of the steps they use for LD. For LD calls they dial 86, put in their auth code, (then dial 9) to get dial tone, and then dial the LD number. I am not sure why it was set up this way other than maybe earlier versions of Nortel would only send auth codes by dialing a feature access?? This is an Option 11 that is up to date on software so if the feature access theory is the case, it would have been because that is the way the tech’s knew how to force auth codes from other older installations … I guess.

Thanks again, I am new to the forum. We have a few Nortel switches that we are starting to retire. I have never had a good support model with our vendors so it is really nice to find a forum that is current. I have refreshed and learned a lot just from reading the threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back