Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11C - Date and Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

willem05

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2002
NL
Dear all,

Since a few weeks we have a Nortel Meridean Option 11C. I am able to VT220 to it, but do not know how to set date and time for it. All phones show the wrong time. I alread saw a command :

->to test time at dot type TTAD (test time and date)
->to change at dot type STAD (set time and date)
->Format is (day in month) (month) (year) (Hour) (Min) (sec)
->so today and now is
->ld2
->.stad 25 6 2002 15 40 30

But somehow I cannot do this... With the command LD2 it goes wrong.. It says TF000 or something like that..

Thanx for helping..
Willem

I'm not sure if that was just a typo, but it's actually "ld 2" (with a space). You said that with the command "ld2" you get an error. If you're actually getting the error with the "stad" command then it's something that you're typing wrong. You need to type the entire command on one line. Using the example that you gave, it'd be like this:
"stad 25 6 2002 15 40 30" all on one line. Usually it's not all that picky if you use extra spaces but with this command I've had problems using extra spaces, so try it again like it is above.

Are you using an admin level logon ID or your personal ID? If using your own, you'll have to modify the settings of your password. Specifically, you'll have to log on with an admin level password, go into LD 17, and add the option to allow time of day commands (OPT TADA). See LD 17 of your X11 Input/Output Guide for details.

Also, you can just logon with an admin level password and then go into LD 2 and set the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back