Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11c & Compact ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

spearce02

Technical User
Dec 15, 2004
US
I was wondering if it was possible to use a Norstar Compact ICS as remote OPX's for an Option 11c PBX, if so do I still have to use the M7310 or can I go to the M2616's at the remote location and what is needed by way of connection back to the 11c to use all telephone ports on the ICS. My scenario is that a company moved out of a building in which we purchased and they left behind a Compact ICS, and I want to know if and what will be needed to use this unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We do this with about 35 Norstars, using OPX's, and the answer is you HAVE to use the 7000 series phones. An OPX is by definition an analog line, so a digital signal cannot be extended using an OPX. If you build an analog port on the 11C, you can connect it to the OPX, then define it as a key appearance of the Norstar. Since the Norstar does not support the 2000 series phones, the 7000's are your only option.

Let me know if you need any further info, or want more detail on how we acomplish this. For us, it is a great way for the banks inside the grocery stores to be a part of the private network.

We are hoping to migrate to VoIP soon, but in the meantime....

Scott M.

What features does this give us over having just an analog phone on the end of the opx from the 11c?

station to station features as related to the norstar. and you can use a lineside t1 card into a norstar, in the norstar you program it as a t1,

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Not many, if you do not have any other lines into the Norstar system. In our environment, each Norstar has their own lines, as well as options like CO transfer and forwarding. If all you need is an extension, then an analog phone on the end of the OPX will work just fine.

Most of this really depends on if the site needs their own services, and if you can get away with one phone.

On the Norstar forum, I am sure there are tons of features that can be explained much better than those of us who primarily work on the PBX's (speaking for myself primarily).

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

the norstar key system has almost many features as the big switches. and srmega is right, it depends on the site requirements. we have a remote warehouse that works on three analog ops dn's.. we have a rehab unit with 40 keyphones using a line side for did service

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for all the info, you have been very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back