Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11c 3.0 database conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodedd

Technical User
Dec 12, 2005
PR
Hi,

I'm in the middle of a Option 11c rls. 3.0 to CS1000e rls. 7.5 upgrade. I did a BKO from the Option 11c ( ARCH_DB ) but my question is where do I put this backup so it can be converted, because the doc's are not clear in this.

Thanks

When you build the system in the UCM and add a Call Server, there will be an option to upload existing data. At that point, you would browse to the file and upload it. Assuming the data is valid, it should take it and that will be that.

I should add that the data gets converted automatically as part of the upgrade. I think anything Rls 23 and higher will work.

There is a complete procedure on doing this in the NTP. Here's a quick overview.

1. Do a tempkate audit by running LD 1
2. Remove FFC AREM in LD 57
3. LD 43 do an EDD
4. LD 43 do a BKO
5. LD 143 type upgrade, utilities,archive database,enter name for archive,enter 1 to list customer database, it will list archives available and it will archive to CF.

This procedure will work for 6.0 thru 7.5 and this pricedure will convert your small system TN's to a Large TN format. There is also an NTP that shows you how the database will convert as far as loops etc. Fpr example Card 1 will be converted to 0 0 1, Card 11 will be converted to 0 1 11 and so on. Find the procedure, read it thoroughly and make notes.

The procedure I previously posted will get the database ready for conversion on the old 11 C. When you deploy the 7.5 and add your Call Server it will ask you for the database. I would not use BKO for the database, the archive is what you should use.

scotthdiv,

I tried what you mentioned and the download is successful, but when I do a LTM in load 21 I dont see the data, the file I downloaded was the ARCH_DB, this was generated when I did the BKO.Is there anything else I should do,

NOTE: I did a RST but I get the same result.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back