Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11 main cabinet TTY 0,1 and 2 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerodesliza

Programmer
Apr 10, 2008
DO
I was using the Option 11's tty 0 port everyday and this morning isn't working at all neither tty 1 and tty 2, I checked the cable using another Option 11 and they are fine. I need to make a backup in the PCMCIA card but I need the TTY 0 port, what can I do? I read the last post about a TTY dead port but I can't just change the SDI card because is the Cabinet's main tty port, am I right?

If no TTY's work, I think your next step is to INI. Have you tried that?

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

tty's 0,1 and 2 reside on the SSC card..... what release is your 11??

LD22
PRT ISS

I would try the INI first. To do a backup you could put your PCMCIA card into slot B and do an EDD from 43. The files should write. If not u can do a CCBR across a modem that connected. I do not think the modem has to be on 0-2. A restore would have to be done through 0. You can also take out the SSC card, remove the draughtboards and place on your new card and try it then. They do go bad.

I wouldn't INI unless I had another SSC card handy.... If the switch doesn't complete the INI, you have no way of knowing or fixing! Get the TTY's fixed first.

My Option 11's release is:

VERSION 2921
RELEASE 4
ISSUE 50 W +
IDLE_SET_DISPLAY NORTEL

what baud rate are you using on your laptop with tty 1 and tty 2?

like the tty 0 19200,8n1, tty 0,1,2 use the same baund rate

only tty 0 is set on the faceplate, 1 and 2 are configurable in LD17

If your question is about Aerodesliza's "Option 11 main cabinet TTY 0,1 and 2 not working", this is the place.

If you are raising a new topic, you can start a whole new thread.

However, if you put the word "putty" in - you'll find a lot of people use it.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

If there is a maintenance phone handy, you can enable the TTY's from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back