Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11 Fiber remote not working 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaquino

Technical User
May 9, 2005
US
Hi folks

Ed here
I am a new guy very green. just got this job doing systems admin not really pbx systems. Well the other day half of our building start to get this noise like a baseball card hitting the spokes of a bicycle wheel. Anyways needless to say I thought I would power cycle the option 11 thinking it was a standalone cabinet. Then for a while there it was not coming back up. Now it comes back up but the SSC or the fiber on port 2 I believe are not connecting because the led is red. Pretty much at this point the entire 7000 block is not working and neither is voice mail. all the phone display show local mode. and the console hook up to the cabinet at this point shows AUD000 then just a bunch of ...................... and keeps repeating it. It was at one point reading regrpcmain Unable to send registration request to Main cabinet. So at this point I am not sure what to do or how I might fix this. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys

sounds like the aml is down, ld 48 stat aml.. that is default mail for an option 11.. hom many cab's? not all fiber lights may be dark due to config.. can you log in to the switch?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi john
Yes we are able to login into the main cabinet.
I am not sure how many cabniets we have but this
remote cab is #4. I am not sure about the aml
but I believe it has something to do with the ip settings..???

call a certified Nortel Vendor, and also, keep your hands out of the PBX

there is not a command to bring up the cab, you could try to enlc 41, if card 41 is in that cab. a fiber remote, is different from a ip remote, they are both fiber, bad news is phonz, is right. you may have jumped in over your head.. in ld 117 try ?, that will give you a great list of commands, dealing with ip remotes

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Well after I fix my mess I promise to keep my hands out of the pbx. I am not trying to be mean I just feel responsible and would like to fix my own doing if you know what I mean. Anyways I'll try some of these steps and I'll get back with you all. I really do appreciate all the help.
And yes Phonz you are right I need to stay out of the deep end if I can not swim hehehehe.

Well at this point it seems like we have the right ips in there but its still not talking. We are thinking its a gateway issue. How could I get you all a copy of the config so you all could check it out?

Hi eaquino
Go to LD 117
prt ipr
do yo see any mac addresses there of cabinets?
Don't know if I am on the right track here but i have worked on a fiber cabinet where i had to change the ipr settings.

What do you thnk John?.......I know you know a lot John so share with us.... he he

Also how can I tell if my ip's are correct? How do I setup the gateways?

I would call a Vendor, if you have never worked on an IP cabinet before. If you insist on working on it yourself, I would do a data dump in ld 43. Then I would do a sysload (cold restart) on the main cabinet, and see if the remote comes up with the rest of the switch. Again I would recommend calling a Vendor first, ip setups can get tricky, but if you are decided on going your own way, good luck, and let us know what you decide.

I take it the sysload is the Control+I at the start of the cold boot process? if not then if the sysload is the saved configuration in the rom then I do not think its there anymore. We are looking into getting vendor support but need to get the funding for it first. So we are trying to fix it so as to not spend the 135 per hour sorry. anyways the cabinet is in local mode and I need to get back to remote mode.

STAT IP NODE
STAT LINK IP - Display the link information status of the specified IP address
PRT CAB
PRT SURV
PRT ELNK - Display active and inactive Ethernet interface IP addresses
PRT MASK - Display subnet mask stored in database
PRT HOST - Display network host table entry(ies) information stored in database
PRT ROUTE - Display routing table entry(ies) information stored in database

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

First of all I want to thank you all for all your help
we are still working onn the issue but this site has been an invaluable resource. Thanks to you all. We are all here to share our knowledge and experiences and you all make it happen. Every little bit helps. One again Thanks.

Basically I was suggesting that You power off the main cabinet and power it back on. As for the remote, you would probably want to power it off and on also since it has gone into Local mode. That would reset your ssc cards and make them look for each other. I don't think your switch would have lost it's ip info, but I have seen much stranger things happen.
My suggestion is, After hours, Power cycle the remote first and then within a minute or so, do the Main cabinet.
The reason I suggested a Vendor, was that anytime you power down a switch there is a chance that it won't come back up. Of course there is chance in everything. it was just a suggestion for the safety of you and your switch. Good Luck.

At this point we also feel we may have an issue with the fiber lines. This whole issue started because of a flutter coming from only this expansion cabinet so we shall see what happens but Thanks once again

i've heard the sound you refer to, sounds like a helicopter in the background, mostly an analog problem.. that time it was caused by a pinched fiber. try doing a visual of the fiber connectors with the lights out. any bend that is tight enough to glow in the dark, can cause a problem

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Well the fiber lines seem to be good. but for some reason they are not connecting to the main cabinet. We are not sure how to confiure the fiber connection. We can configure the ethernet but not the fiber. or at least we do not know how.

I take that back! I took a look at the fiber connector in the dark and saw no loght coming out. but thats only on one end going to check out other end.

Well the a I would guess certified tech came out and now the cabinet is not working. All we get is an error message of bug 2263 bootp client error any ideas....???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back