Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

option 11 expansion cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebacon

Vendor
Jan 10, 2005
US
We are getting ready to add a expansion cabinet for a cash customer. Running 25.30 . Is there a keycode necessary to add the cabinet? Haven't done one before ,just wandering?? Or is all I have to worry about is that they have enough dn's in SLT. ?

I added expansion cabinets to two different 25.40 systems a couple years back and there was no keycode setting I was aware of. You just need to make sure you have the right Fiber Daughter and Reciever cards.

One word or caution. Make sure all your solder connections on the power supply and Receiver card are not too long. When I did one expansion addition in 2002, the solder make contact between the power supply and new Fiber card. Never seen a PBX start on fire before, and hope never to see it again. It was rather small and quick, and it went out after I turned the Power supply off.

The best part of this story was I powered it back on, after checking all the solder connections and the Fiber card, and outside of being a little black, both cards looked OK. The units are still running just fine today.

Scott M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back