Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11 Callpilot 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

acewarlock

Technical User
Sep 16, 2002
US
I have a Option 11C with Callpilot 2.1, Do I need Keycode for reporter to work.

that is controlled via a keycode. it's not turned on in my pilot

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

For reporter to run you just need to install the CP software on a plain network PC. cpmgr is installed and it knows that it is for reporter. You should not require any additional keycodes to bring up reporter. If I understand it correctly.

Any PC or does it have to be on the network?

CallPilot Reporter must be installed on a Windows 2000 server that than communicates via an IP network with the CallPilot server. With Reporter one can also install CP Manager and MyCallPilot applications. With CP 2.00 and 2.02 keycodes where not required. Follow installation instructions in the NTP closely. And reminder to undate the patches on each application.

So I would have to install it on the server in the option 11C with the Callpilot?

No. Any PC or server on the CLAN. I'm not sure about it only being available for Windows 2000. I think that applies more to MyCallpilot. The other thing about reporter is it prefers to use the server name for Callpilot no the IP address, so you will need the name on the DNS server or you will need to add it to the Host table.

Refer to NTP 555-7101-310. It syas for 2.2 Windows 2000 or NT. I know that 4.0 can be on either 2000 or 2003.

Does that mean I could put Reporter on the same PC as I'm running the OTM on???

That would work. Just make sure you have enough disc space for both. Especialy if you are doing your CDR with OTM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back