Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11 2nd cabinet clicking issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaLink7

Vendor
Oct 28, 2009
CA
Strange problem. I have an option 11 with 2 cabinets and a pri. The 2nd cabinet has clicking problems with outside calls but only the outside caller can hear the clicking not the person on the pbx. The only card in the cabinet that’s having these problems is the digital line card, the other cards in the cabinet are analogue and do not seem to be experiencing the same problems. I’ve tried to isolate the problem by switching the card to another slot but the problem follows. I also tried removing the amphenol and putting a set on it with no other sets on the card, problem still persists. Is this a fiber receiver problem or what am I missing here.

Hi,

If you switch the card to another slot and the problem follows the card, it looks to me that the card is faulty...

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

I've found this old query below

Problem
500 Sets, overhearing "Clicking" on adjacent units when interupted dial tone presented.

Answer
When either CFW or V mail message indication presented to a 500 set the relay clicking is overheard on adjacent TN's. Change FALC card to minimum vintage NT5K02QB rlse 15

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

@Fire,

He has problems with digital. Not analogue....

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

If it's a fiber cabinet I've had that issue and it turned out to be the the Fiber cable conneting the cabinets. It was a little worn and allowed light out and yes it only affected the digital sets for whatever reason.

I have had to change the Fiber, the Fiber Receiver Card on the SSC and the Fiber Receiver card in the Second Cabinet on different systems so just take your pick

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I saw this and thought Fiber as well. Are there any errors output to the TTY or History file?

Opps. Didn't read the thread correctly. Yes it's the fibre cable. I had this 9 months ago on one cabinet that kept causing the pgones to do wierd things like change the language on the M390x sets and I also had loads of BSD errors. One way to check the fibre is by diming the lights and looking at the fibre on the reel.

In my case, I had lots of LED trying to escape round the reel. I never thought that it would ever be the fibre failing!. Once I changed it, it was clear and the phones were fine.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Thanks for all the replys. I forgot to mention we have changed the card as well so its not the card. I will have to order a fiber cable i geuss. does any one think that you might be able to use a norstar mics fiber cable ? just a shot in the dark as i will have to wait till tomorrow to get the cable.

Yes, the MICS fiber cable will work. I just tried it in our lab.

Thanks i figured it was the exact same cable but colored differnet. I once had a nortel nam 3.1 go down. It was the power supply. I was about 8 hours away from any suppliers so i looked through some old computers. I took one of the power supplies and jerry rigged it to the nam and it worked perfect. Sometimes you have to think outside the box.Anyways thanks for all the replies i will be heading out to the customers in an hour or so, i will let you know what happens.

I have had this happen as well. In my experience it was fiber related. Either the fiber cable, the fiber receiver card, or fiber daughterboard. Start with the fiber cable first. I would have the others on hand just in case. Good luck!

Son of a gun I can't believe it but it was the fiber cable! Not sure how a plastic fiber cable can go bad but it seemed to be the problem. I checked and light can be seen throught the ends of the bad cable fiber cable.I thought maybe it needed to be reseated but it would not work.As you all suggested i put a new fiber cable in and presto it started to work perfect.As KCFLHRC stated that he tested a mics cable and it worked , well it works perfect thats what i used ( i didnt have a spare cable). The customer is just as happy as can be.Thanks for all suggestions! It saved alot of time and effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back