Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

optimize vba code??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsilveira

MIS
Feb 7, 2005
CA
Hi everyone,

I currently have a microsoft access db on a relatively slow server. I wanted to know whether there would be any way(s) where i could optimize code and/or do something so that any user accessing the DB would not experience time delays.

Currently i have a shortcut on their desktop that accesses the db from the server. perhaps i'm going about it the wrong way?

Thanks in advance,
jsilveira

What about splitting the database into a front end and back end?

The back end would be the data tables on the server and the front end would hold all you forms / code etc.

May speed things up a bit if the code is being executed on their own local PC rather than from a database on the server.

Hi,

Currently, im using linked tables. I have the db on the server and i create another db with the forms on their desktops. I have even looked into the built in performance tool microsoft has, but no luck.

any other ideas?

thanks in advance,
jsilveira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back