Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Optical Mouse light stays on

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfendi

Technical User
Apr 28, 2003
CA
Hi, I just built a new computer with a motherboard SOYO P4X400 Dragon Lite. After turning off the whole system, my optical mouse light stays on. Is that an indication of a connection problem or is it normal? What could be wrong? Please help.
Thanks

sfendi
Your motherboard remains live after it has turned off and optical mice remain on with standby illumination.
The only way around this is to flip the switch on the PSU or wall socket.
Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

Just have the same problem here ( and a little more )...
(( ...maybe I repost it in new thread ....?))

Just upgrade to win XP ( from W98 ). and now the mouse light stay ON ( a wheel mouse usb convert in ps2) ;and if I move the mouse the system start by itself...IT WAS NOT ON STANDBY MODE; properly shutdown.

I saw on Microsoft, that maybe my motherboard bios doesn't support XP, they suggest (for the light ON) to update the bios.

Updating my bios affraid me, trying to find other solution , anyone have it ?

I turn OFF all wake option in bios , same thing

..._ - _ - every trouble shooting begin with power ON !! we always forgot one day. :) HAVE A NICE DAY.

THANKS A LOT bcastner,

PROBLEM SOLVE ( the easy by the way ), plug it in a free usb port and , mouse sleep well now.

a star for you.

..._ - _ - every trouble shooting begin with power ON !! we always forgot one day. :) HAVE A NICE DAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back