Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opt61C Column addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPMcMurphy

Vendor
Aug 15, 2007
US
I am adding an additional column (2 cabinets/2 superloops) to an Opt61C. From what I can tell, the only spots left are in CPU 0 slot 6 which would make it SUPL 12 and in CPU 1 slot 6 which would make it SUPL 28. However, there are NT8D17EA Conf/TDS cards in slot 7 of each module. Can I still put the Net card in slot 6 of each module to add the new superloops? Are the location of the Conf/TDS cards affecting this upgrade?

Yes the TDS Conf does effect it if I remember. Because they actually take up 2 loops as well. Do you have any QPC414's with open slots beside them? Because you could move the TDS card next to it and use that slot.

you can only put msdl cards or sdi cards next to a superloop card, nothing that has a loop ie: conf loop, etc

superloop cards can be placed either on the left or right side of the superloop number. They take up four loops. Only an MSDL card can be placed adjacent to the superloop card. The Conf and TDS card already take up two loops.

You may need to add another network group if there are no more loops available.

Can I move the NT8D17EA Conf/TDS or does it need to stay in slot 7 of each core/net cabinet?

yes, you can move the conf/tds card, as long as there's is room or space to move it.

print your cequ in ld 22 and we'll let you know

Here is the CEQU, the goal is to add 2 NEW cabinet, 2 NEW Superloops if possible:

REQ PRT
TYPE CEQU

CEQU
MPED 8D
TERM
REMO
TERD
REMD
TERQ
REMQ
SUPL 004 008 020 024
N156
SUPC
SUPF
XCT 014 030
TDS * 014 * 030
CONF * 015 * 031
MFSD * 014 * 030

DLOP NUM DCH FRM TMDI LCMT YALM TRSH
TRK 016 24 ESF NO B8S FDL 00
PRI 000 24 ESF NO B8S FDL 00
001 24 ESF NO B8S FDL 00
017 24 ESF NO B8S FDL 00
018 23 ESF NO B8S FDL 00
019 23 ESF NO B8S FDL 00
MISP
EXT0 3PE
CNI 009 000 000
EXT1 3PE
CNI 009 000 000
MCFN 256 MB

The first one looks like it can be moved to loops 2 & 3. The second I don't see any where to move it though. but maybe I missed something.

move pri loop 1 to loop 2/3 (use nt5d12 cards if not already)

move conf/tds from 14/15 to 0/1

this leaves supl 12 avail.

upgrade to an 81C/CS1000M MG if you need another supl

If you have to, and it hasn't already been done, you could add the IPE's as the second shelf of your existing superloops. For example, superloop 4 shelf 1, superloop 20 shelf 1.....

How would I move the Conf/TDS pack? Just out it from 14/15 and put it on loops 2/3?

Alright, got it.
What about the system monitors? I remember there being dip switch settings. I think you have to tell it that there is now a 3rd one?

Got the cabinet in over the weekend. I cannot get the new cabinet to stay up with the system monitor in. It keeps tripping the breakers. I have tried multiple monitors. Could it be a setting somewhere?

Also, if I remove the system monitor the cabinet will power up and the breakers will stay on.

could be a bad system monitor...
I've never heard of them tripping breakers.

The only settings on the System monitor is the dip switches to tell the system what column it is in. Of course you need the phone cord from the previous system monitor.

Also never insert or remove with the system monitor enabled.

Go to ld 37 and disable the TTY for the system monitor (usulally TTY 0) before installing it. Then enable the TTY.

check the switch setting on the monitor card.. and that card has to have two silver satins, j5 and j6.. another thing that can do that is the ribbon cable that connects from the top shelf to the cover.. that has a temp and fan detector on the gold screen below the top cover.. if that cable is not plugged in.. the cab reads over temp, and no fans and trips the breaker

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back