Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opt11 RCAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeii

Technical User
Apr 5, 2007
US
I have an Opt11. I want to add NDI to the dch and the rdb under RCAP. I can change the ADAN no problem but when I go to the rdb to change it under DTRK it goes by it. Do I have to out the trunks and out the route and rebuild them?

It's common for some prompts in the RDB that you can't change to have to out the trunks, RDB etc and start it again with the RDB as a new route.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

I outed the trunks, 70 of them, and outed the route and the 2 dch. I still couldn't open the DTRK prompt. What am I doing wrong.

What are you putting in at the DTRK prompt? It should be a yes or no.

I am entering DID as the trunk type. I am also entering yes under DTRK, I thought it opens up that sub menu. I am adding NDI (or should I add NDS) to the rcap because we are only getting number not name. I went round and round with Century Link and they said they are sending me the correct info. The only thing I have in there is COLP. It's on the DCH and I can't see it when I print out the route. All it says is DTRK=yes. When I use MGSI under progress it says (Originating end is not Isdn). I thought it's suppose to say (Inband Info or Pattern is Avail). We just switched from XO to Century Link because of price. It worked fine with XO but not with Century Link.

you have to add nds name display service to the d channel rcap do not recall that you need to change anything on the route. Also Century Link would need to set up name display service on the central office switch to work unless that have already done so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back