Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opt11 MM12 - Forward/Hunt to PSTN 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

phannah

Technical User
Sep 29, 2003
US
I'd like to allow the front desk (using a 2616, not a console) to forward calls, when not at the desk, to an offsite number. Easy enough? Well, here's the catch:

Our main number terminates to an auto-attendant through Meridian Mail 12, callers into this have the option to dial 0 to reach the front desk.

Callers who reach user's voicemail boxes have the option to dial 0 to revert - this also terminates to the front desk.

Now, in my testing, I modified my set for CLS CFXA, CFW 14, and TGAR 7. Here's what I've found in testing:

If I forward to 9+number, I'm able to dial my extension from another set, and forward, though if I call my DID, I terminate to Meridian Mail.

If I forward to my ACOD+number, I'm able to call my DID and forward to the number, however, when I call my extension from another set, the set recieves a fast busy - I'm guessing the TGAR of the dialing set takes effect. Now, If I dial my main number and enter my extension to be transferred to, I get "That number cannot be reached from this service." Which leads me to believe that now the restrictions in Meridian Mail take effect. I cannot figure out which restrictions have taken effect though, I'm thinking it may be the TGAR of the ACD agents, but I could be wrong.

To sum it up:
I'd love for the front desk to forward to an outside number, and allow internal callers, external callers, auto attendant calllers, and revert DN from Meridian Mail calls to follow the forward.

Hopefully I've explained what I'd like to do properly - I've been digging around, but not coming up with anything definitive.

In LD 21 prt, TYPE RDR. Check the OPT, this is the first line printed. Check to see if CFO or CFF, this should be set to CFF for what are trying to do. CFO tells the system to follow the NCOS of the originating TN, for internal calls usually no trouble but for trunks the default is NCOS 0. CFF tells it to follow the NCOS of the forwarded set.

Thank you - that was the most prevalant change I'd seen from my research, but was still a little iffy (I hate making system wide changes).

I can't seem to find any concerns in changing this, but was curious as to if there are any? I don't see any, but thought it may be a good idea to ask.

before i make that change i would see how many sets i have that are cfxa.. other then that you shouldn't cause problems

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Of course - just the sets expected. Though 3/4 Meridian Mail agents had the feature enable. I'm guessing this was set when the system was installed, though I don't believe it's part of the installation procedure. I don't believe this is a problem, as it cannot be set to foward.

At 1 point in time, can't remember the release, the default was CFXA, just like UNR was default no is CTD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back