Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opt11, Line Side T1 'Red Alm' won't clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwilkers

MIS
Aug 1, 2002
US
I have an option 11c connected to a remote Norstar using 2 T1 lines. In slot 1 of the 11c I have a TMDI DTI/PRI card, it is fine. Slots 2&3 are the Line Side T1 Interface card that I am having problems with. Slots 4&5 are the Line Side T1 Interface card that is also fine.

My 2&3 Line Side T1 card has the 'red alm' light lit. There are no problems with the line itself I am told, and the csu's?, not really csu's but the electronics, at each end report no errors. I would like to know how to reset the card.

In LD 60 this is what is reported.
STAT
PRI* TRK LOOP 1 - ENBL
FFMT/LCMT/YALMT: ESF/B8Z/FDL
TRACKING
SERVICE RESTORE: YES
YEL ALM PROCESS:YES
ALARM STATUS : NO ALARM

LCNT
PRI TRK LOOP 1
all 000's

There is no mention of loops 2&3, so how and where can I reset this card?

Thanks in advance,
Gabe

Since the Line side T1 is an IPE/PE card you should be able to use ld 32 and the stat command .

LC

Thank you for the response Lineconnnector.

I entered ld 32 and this is what STAT tells me:

000 = SUPER LOOP
000 DSBL 001 BUSY
004 = SUPER LOOP
000 DSBL 000 BUSY
008 = SUPER LOOP
000 DSBL 003 BUSY
012 = SUPER LOOP
000 DSBL 000 BUSY
016 = SUPER LOOP
000 DSBL 000 BUSY
001 = PRI TRK LOOP
00 DSBL 01 BUSY NPR301
029 = CNFC LOOP
00 DSBL 00 BUSY NPR302
030 = CNFC LOOP
00 DSBL 00 BUSY NPR302
031 = CNFC LOOP
00 DSBL 00 BUSY NPR302
032 = SUPER LOOP
DSBL NOT RESPONDING
036 = SUPER LOOP
DSBL NOT RESPONDING
040 = SUPER LOOP
000 DSBL 000 BUSY
032 = SUPER LOOP
000 DSBL 000 BUSY
048 = SUPER LOOP
000 DSBL 000 BUSY
062 = CNFC LOOP
DSBL NOT RESPONDING NPR302
000 = TDS TDMF LOOP
00 DSBL 01 BUSY
NPR504 063

064 = SUPER LOOP
DSBL NOT RESPONDING
068 = SUPER LOOP
DSBL NOT RESPONDING
072 = SUPER LOOP
DSBL NOT RESPONDING
094 = CNFC LOOP
00 DSBL 00 BUSY NPR302
095 = CNFC LOOP
DSBL NOT RESPONDING NPR302

Whew!! Sorry about all of that, but it doesn't make any sense to me, well except for 001 = PRI TRK LOOP, that I get. Are any of these the line sides?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks again,
Gabe

When stating a loop in LD 32 for an option 11 use
ld 32
stat and loop number
stat 2
stat 3
This should let you know if that card is disabled.

LC

Do the DISL & ENLL commands work in LD 32 the same as in LD 60? I basically am asking what to do after I stat the appropriate loops.

Gabe

After doing a STAT 2 & STAT 3 it shows that lines channels are IDLE. When I attempt a 'DISL 2' it gives me an error NPR003.

Am I using the DISL command incorrectly? I really appreciate the help you've given so far.

Gabe

What would be the command to reenable the line after I do a disc?

Those commands appeared to work and do what they were supposed to do. However, the status of the 'red alm' light never changed. Is there anyway to power down only that card? Or to make it safe to remove and reseat with shutting down the entire system? I'm kind of at a loss of where to head now...hmmmmm

Thanks,

Gabe

ld 60 to stat (loop)
if it has a dch then go to 96 and dis dch (dch number)
disl (loop)
you can reseat the card if you want to now.
ld 60 enlu (loop)
ld 96 enl dch (dch number)
ld 60 stat (loop)
if the channels are idle then what is wrong with the span you might want to put the csu at the far end into loop back to see if it will go away.

LD 32
DISC 2 <-- to disable. Now ok to pull out card

and

ENLC 2 <-- to enable

The line side T1 looks like an analog card to the switch. There is a command line you could login to if you have the right cables connected to this slot.

I would bet your problem is between the two sites. Waht is at the other end? Can you put a loop back on the line - will it go out of alarm?

Ok, so the phone company assures me that this is not their problem. All of the NIU (or whatever the T1's come into) show all green status. However...

The Meridian still shows a 'red alm' light. This light stays on even after I do a 'disc 2' and 'disc 3'. I pulled the card, and slipped it back in, and the 'red alm' light immediately came on. I did a enlc 2 & 3 and the red alm light status never changed, just stayed on.

On the other end of the T1 is a Norstar. It has an NT7B74GA T1 Digital Trunk Cartridge in it. This card has a solid orange light at the very top that I have no idea what it means, but I assume it is an error. After resetting the Norstar this light comes right back on this card.

Oh man, this sucks, I am soooo not a phone guy.

Gabe

You need to get someone in there that can help you out (service provider or telco) T1 diognostics are not hard but you need the right equipment and /or know how to do loop backs and tests to find the fault - either equipment or line.

Thanks to everyone that helped answer my questions in this thread. It turned out, as I and probably most of you suspected, to be a LEC problem. They finally did thorough enough testing to determine that they could loop from Z->SLIC, and from A-SLIC, but not A-Z. It's fixed now, it never was a problem with the cards, but I appreciate the help in eliminating them as a possiblity.

Cheers,
Gabe

You have to view this on the MMI port on the back of the card itself. The PBX only sees the 500 port side of the card.

Also, if you do not have any TN's provisioned on it, it will be in this state. --
Fletch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back