Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opt11 Dropped, Now MM Goes Offline CSA002 ESDA0001

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchTelecom

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2003
US
Another department shipped an Opt11 to me and the carrier wasn't too kind to it. The MM cards were all askew and the 3 part card was separated. We put it all back together and it came up. I wanted some burn in time but my superior isisted it be installed right away anyhow. No vendor support......All worked well for about 2 weeks. Then we got the CSA002 and ESDA0001 9 error along with a bunch of BUG4111 errors and down she goes. When I stat the MM ports, they are all logged out. I DISU them then ENLU them, they log back in and all is well in life....for about a week. Today this happens again, and the fix is the same...but now it only lasts about an hour......any ideas?

you’re on the right track, start replacing mail cards, i would have filed a concealed freight damage against the carrier. those cards ore usually covered one under a new system warranty. usually one of the daughter boards, but just as possible a backplane problem.. good luck

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Need to install patches MPLR11480 and MPLR12003. Need to use authorized Nortel Vendor to install. This fixes this problem. I have had this happen in past.

If might try if you want to fix yourself. This might work.
Are these your Symptoms:

No access to Meridian Mail.

AML link 9 Layer 2 enabled layer 7 down disabled.

BUG: BUG4111

BUG: BUG4111 Invalid ESDI input

Mail agents stat busy (BCS MSB LOGGED OUT)

Cause:
LSL and AML link programmed on Card 10 Port 0.
if it is use steps below to fix.

Fix:

Follow the steps below:
1. OUT Meridian Mail agents, Meridian Mail Queue and AML ADAN.
2. Data Dump.
3. Reload and rebuild AML on card 10 port 1.
4. Rebuild Meridian Mail queue and Agents.

Symptoms are very simlar to Rudh 2nd post, abeit LSL is on card 10 port 0 and AML is on Card 10 Port 1, so I don't see a conflict there.

Also, this system was in operation for about 5 years with no problems prior to shipping. The person who prepped it for me removed a second cabinet, but other than that, performed no other modifications that I am aware of.

Before I can get a vendor involved, I will have to exhaust the hardware side of this, but the patches are a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back