Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OPT 81C CMDU 0 disabled out of split mode after repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbasaur

Technical User
Aug 13, 2012
US
Hey guys, the other night I reseated CP 0 and CMDU 0 cards due to CMDU 0 being down and disabled. Everything went well so I thought. I sync'ed the CPs memories, sync'ed the disks, performed a data RDUN which passed just fine. Verified both CPs and CMDUs up and operational as well as RDUN enabled. This morning I noticed that CMDU 0 and RDUN are disabled and out of split mode (what does that mean?). I thought during normal operation, you are out of split mode. The HWI code says to check the CMB cable. What and where is that? I did notice a graceful switchover during midnight routines from CPU 0 to CPU 1. That's when CMDU 0 dropped. Also found neither floppy drive is apparently working. CP 0 has always been active and enabled/standby. I don't suspect anything wrong with it. Any ideas?

If CMDU 0 is disabled then they should be in split mode. Normal operation you would be out of split mode. It sounds like you have a faulty CMDU 0. You can try the ENLT command at the command prompt to activate the floppy drive.

When you enabled the CMDU again, did you check that the switch on the front of the card was on?.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back