Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opt 81C and Cisco VOIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmsman

Technical User
May 23, 2005
US
I manage a 81C and we would like to add a tie to a cisco voip(is not part of our telephony network). Our 911 calls go to their police dept. The way we do it now is send it to a number on their system but since we only use the billing number for external CID its not helpful.
Will adding the tie allow for CID to be passed.

Thanks
-J

couple of things to look at, that's been a problem with that type of setup, forever.. adding a qsig pri will give you the dn to your network.. but sending anything other then clid 0 is almost impossible.. i would look at adding an ip or tdm path to the ccm as a fix

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John I will look at this and talk to the other side and see if we can make this happen.
Seems like it should work, but one other twist is I have a few execs that have the CID blocked internally, they will not broadcast CID then am I right in thinking this?

-J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back