Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opt 81 and Infortel for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norstarguy

Vendor
Mar 29, 2002
US
Hoping someone here can give me a clue on what to look at to correct an issue I'm currently having- I'm not a Meridian tech, just relaying a question here, so be kind :)

I have a customer that we replaced an SL1 switch with an Option 81c. They had been using the Infortel software on their SL1 and we got it all hooked back up onto the Opt 81, and thought all was well.

However, in their detailed extension reports, where the outbound number (only) used to be displayed, it is now showing 1+ the routing code, followed by the area code and the prefix...cutting off the last four digits of the outdialed number. (ie 13092795555) In other words, the Infortel software is seeing the routing number as part of what it thinks is a long distance outbound call, and cuts anything off after 11 digits.

This is one of the most important things that they were pulling off of their reports, and for the life of me, we cannot figure out how to correct either the software or the CDR settings to turn this off, so that they can see ONLY the phone number (which was supposedly the way the SL1 displayed it, no routing info).

Any ideas? I figure this has got to be a stupid setting change somewhere, but not having any luck at the moment. Infortel wants to charge $245 an hour for the first hour of support, which I think is rediculous...hoping someone here can give me a hand.

Thx-

NG

GO INTO CDB UNDER CDR_DATA THERE ARE 2 TYPES OF CDR REPORT OLD AND NEW, SEE IF IT'S SET TO NEW

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Thx PerryPJ- I'll take a look tomorrow and see what's going on. Will report back.

NG

Hope this can help, running 61c with Infortel for Windows.

Here is my CDB settings.

CDR_DATA
CDR YES
IMPH NO
OMPH NO
AXID YES
TRCR NO
CDPR NO
ECDR NO
BDI NO
PORT 5
BCAP NO
CHLN 0
FCAF NO

Also in Infotel telephone system settings I do not have any options checked under configure PBX. And am using the default Nortel filter.

In the infortel software did you define the trunk access codes? This would be setup in the trunk database.

Yes,
I added the route id and the access codes for each trunk.

Look in the CFN, ld 22 the gate opener is parm. Look for FCDR this should be set to OLD. There are also some new fields that were added depending on what software rls they were at before the upgrade. To chg this you will need to go to ld 17, same gateopener at type.

What version of Infortel software are you using? If you go to the help about it will tell you.

I do know that the FCDR format does not have to be set to old with Infortels Windows Products. If you are using OS Plus it does have to be set to old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back