Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opt 11C with MC-32 Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkoch

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2003
US
Hi there,

I am trying to configure a MC-32 Card for the Meridian Option 11C. I am getting an error "G020" on the faceplate. My VGW channels are created but not registering for some reason. Can anyone please help?

G020 ITG1020 Configuration error <param> <value> <reason>.

Are you using the Element Manager to configure?, Did you do save and transfer?, did you reboot card?

Also best to build ports through element manager.

G errors usually refer to the TLAN, is the connection good, switch port in right VLAN. The ELAN is good or you would have an s009 error, so as mentioned above did it save and transfer ok and did you reboot. If so double check the settings (TLAN wise Gateway, mask, and IP of the VGMC) on element manager. If that all works try taking a known working TLAN from another device and plugging it into card.

what s/ware have you got loaded onto the card?

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

I am so thankful for all of your support! I wish I could say that I do think it is the TLAN configuration. However, when I put another card in it works fine. The only difference between the two cards is that one is an MC-32 (NTVQ01BB) and on is the MC (NTVQ01BA). The MC (NTVQ01BA)works fine but when I load the MC-32 (NTVQ01BB)I get the error. I am using Element Manager to and the transfer is successful but doesn't get rid of the error even after a reset of the card and Signaling Server...

they have different levels of s/ware & firmware requirements, as your using these for H323 trunking what version of IPT have you loaded onto these. & what are you using to program OTM x.x? also when you build the node you specify software level on the MC. if you telnet onto the card & then push its config to it what messages do you get from the card?

Scott UK

Sorry forgot

ITG>firmwareVersionShow

Scott UK

G20 means the card is waiting for transmission from element manager. Is the Tlan light on, on the face p;late of the card Top light is solid and bottom flashes, elan and tlan the elan is the middle light I believe. Are you using the same card slot as the other one that works.You might need the 100 base t ribbon cable,unless it is a option11c then you just need the adapter.TRansmit and then reboot,make sure you have the correct MAC address

Thanks so much! I am out of the office today ...but I will try the new options tomorrow...I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back