Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opt.11 Static

Status
Not open for further replies.

Komico

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2012
US
Lots of static that was on a few lines is now everywhere. Swapped a few digital cards, no change. I have a 2nd unused cabinet, so I swapped power units, no change.
Layout order is PSU, an unused but powered SSC card (no fiber link to 2nd cab), DTI/PRI card, 5 dig cards, 1 analog card, and an MM module.

When I use an external phone to ring into the system, there is static during the ringtone. The same type we hear internally when dialing extensions (or just by picking up a handset).
Electrical engineer (my boss, an ex-T.I. guy) checked system ground and connections but found nothing out of the ordinary.

This is normal stat aml shows lyr2 connected - lyr7 active empty, I would try rebooting the MM again. If that doesn't work then power down the MM, then in ld 48 do an enl aml x acms, where x is the aml #, possibly 9. Then power on the MM and see if it comes up

I have ERR4019's for 3 extensions, could that be halting the MM from full readiness?

Err 4019 is the voicemail trying to set the message waiting light on a number that is not assigned in the pbx or is and acd dn

Nope, nothing working.
I can log into MM, and everything that I can see says it's operating fine, but it just rings and rings with no answer.
I've tried it with the tape in, tape out, disabling beforehand, ****'ing out of LD 48 asap.
And the Option11 was here in the building when we acquired it and I've never found any software to rebuild its HD.

Check the mail vsdn and cat table and verify it against the pbx programming and make sure the info is still correct, as far as the MM ACDN, PID and DN goes. If all of that is golden, then on MM, perform a OOS diagnostic on the voice card where those ports are built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back