Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opt 11 Compact to Opt 11 Mini swap clocking issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryRodberg

Technical User
Jun 26, 2007
US
We were recently trying to replace an Opt 11 Compact with a new Opt 11 Mini and were not able to get the clock to lock to the pri.

A little background....This PBX is tied into a DS1V card in a Nortel Passport which combines the voice and data for this site on a single T-1. We have done every hardware changout on the PBX possible to rule out hardware failure. The strange thing is the Compact's clock will lock right on. I just found out the Passport is not clocking on the main T-1, it is in freerun and providing it's own clock the the PBX.

Could this cause a problem in the newer Mini but be fine with the Old Compact?

Bumping to get back on page 1.

I am really looking for any help with this. The cust runs the passport and it is hard to ell them their setup is screwing us up.

Maybe this is redundant, but have you...

- checked that the clock commands in LD 73 have been completed to assign the clock to the PRI card?

- What do you get from LD 60 when you do a SSCK 0 command?
You should see something like this:

>ld 60
DTI000
.ssck 0
ENBL
CLOCK ACTIVE
CLOCK CONTROLLER - LOCKED TO SLOT 2
PREF - 2
SREF - 9
AUTO SWREF CLK - ENBL
NO ERROR

IP DB PORT 1 DSBL
IP DB PORT 2 DSBL
IP DB PORT 3 DSBL
IP DB PORT 4 DSBL
CALL SERVER CLK SRC: CC

I've never seen a Meridian work properly if the Passport clock source is bad (whether it's from another working trunk or from GPS). The Meridian spouts out loads of DTA300 alarms and then locks out the PRI.

Are you getting loads of DTA300 alarms. Can you print out the counters from ld60 for the PRI? What happens if you do RCNT on the PRI? Does the PRI drop again after the slip counter reaches the threshold level?

The internal clock on the Passport is only 8k and notoriously dodgy. Are you getting CP clock alarms on the Passport (eg. the CP clock is not synchronised to the incoming clock source).

If you type "d ns" on the Passport it should tell you whether the clock source is synchtonized (good) or synchronizing (bad).

hi all

new to the forum & nortel equipment so sorry for any silly questions ...

we are running a large CS1000 , running 4.0. various bearers from BT & NTL .. DASSII & Q931 .

we have just installed a PRI2 for connection to a GSM Gateway but we are recieving lots of error messages DTA300.
eventually the bearer is dropped ...
Gateway guy proved the connection to his equipment on a trend ...

any ideas on where to start

any ideas on where to start"

Yes start by starting a new thread, don't tack on to someone else's thread.

sorry , i thought it would be the best place as it seemed related !!!

i'll post a new one , apologise again ..

The problem with more than 1 question on the same thread, is when someone gives an answer to a problem how do we know which one it is talking about. makes following very confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back