Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opt 11 clock controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPMcMurphy

Vendor
Aug 15, 2007
US
I have a 2 cabinet 11. One of the TMDI cards is a point to point that customer uses to access their voicemail which is in another state. Intermittently, they are saying that this circuit goes down. I see the controller light is in red on the card, which is loop 1. The clock is tracking on 2 with a secondary of 3. Is the cc card bad maybe?

There should be no CC card on it, it is slaving off primary

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I pulled the card and looked, there is a cc card on the card in slot 1. Why is it in red?

I beleive an Option 11c can only have 1 Clock controller. Normal setup is to set the PREF as the LOOp with the CC daugtherboard and the SREF as free run.

Do you have a TMDI in slot 2? If so according to your programing it should have the CC on it. You can take the one off of the card in slot 1. You can only hav3 one CC in the system.

Early Option 11C could only have 1 CC, later versions could have 2 CC PRI and SEC

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

A clock controller is needed at that site and like hawks said you need to have it on slot 2 because your programming is pointing to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back