Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

opt 11 c SSC replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

telepole

Vendor
Mar 15, 2006
US
What all do I need to do to replace a bad SSC on an Opt 11C.
The flash drives are good.

Need software on PCMCIA card, backup of the database on PCMCIA and the kedcodes

Thanks,

Buddy

You should be able to move the Memory Daughter board and fire the thing back up, unless the Memory Daughter board is bad too. In that case, you need everything Buddy listed to reload the system. I hope you did an ARCHIVE in the Upgrade Utility to get your full backup to restore.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

Follow my guide below.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

The old ssc has a bad port 1 for the TTY. That is why they are cahnging it out. I migrated the memory and fiber interfaces to the new card but it won't load, I can move it back to the old SSC and it loads fine.

are you sue its not just the TTY cable that is bad?

Thanks,

Buddy

Is the new SSC a newer version and is the onboard load updated? Where did you get this replacement SSC? Hmmm....

DocVic
Need help? Call Me Now!

The board was sent by the Vendor that had the contract. We are a sub for them. The part is the same part number and revision.

just a question when changed the card did take the dongle
off the old card and put it on the new card ?

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

There is no dongle. The security device is in place. When it loads it shows the security ID and then it rebbots. The watchdog timer expires. It does not load the OS.

Check to see that your boot firmware of the SSC card works with the vintage daughterboard you have.

For example, see MPLR 19812 about the issue.

Also, confirm that you had the same amount of DRAM as your old SSC card? Older SSC vintages get shipped with 16 Meg and you might need 32 Meg for your release.

Dram is the same. As far as I can tell everything is identical. They must have sent a bad card. I iwll know when they send a new one. Thanks for all the help

What version of software are you using? You might have a bad daughter board. Have them send you a replacement memory board too. Backup (Archive) your system to a PCMCIA card, so you'll be able to Restore easily. Use the Crtl B utility to erase the daughter board, and then load the OS.

DocVic
Need help? Call Me Now!

The daughter card is good. I can move it back to the ols SSC and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back