Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opt 11 and Procomm

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyjp26

Technical User
Mar 6, 2011
US
Hey all Good Tuesday. I looking to get some call recording for a customer with an option 11. Would Procomm Plus work. The are looking to not pay just something to capture a file daily. If so where do i connect usb adapter to pc. Thanks

just need the calls. I thought i could cionnect to the pbx and then to the procom. Set up file and record?

Call Recording implies "Audio" - do you mean Call Recording or Call Detail Records, which is the text of the call record

As for where do you connect a USB adapter to a PC, the answer would be "the PCs USB port".

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

A PC with procomm capturing the data is a very good and very economical way to caprute your CDR records. This would then be needed to be added to your morning routines. When using this I would stop and restart the capture daily and name the file the previous days date. This made it much easier to find a call and also ensure it is running properly.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Set up a TTY with CDR allowed, connect the PC and open a direct connection with Procomm. As well as collecting on the screen, capture the file to the hard drive or network etc. Change the file name daily as John suggests. This will only show raw data not a "pretty" report format most are used to seeing. There are several programs out there that will create nice reports if thats what you need, or get a programmer to write something.

It is a pain but if you have daily files you can narrow your searchs much easier.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Gene's thread refers to a useful Excel file conversion tool that I've used many times before. I normally use the "detail1.img" capture file via the OTM/TM CDR data buffering.

It works a treat!.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

awesome thank to all might need help setting up tty port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back