Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opsman Cluster 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearvalley

Programmer
Jan 31, 2006
GB
I have a network of about 9 3300s and they need to be clustered together.

Do all numbers need to be unique?

What's the best way to get numbers in use on each node?

Any advise really appreciated

thanks

essentially all numbers need to be unique unless you split your cluster and use PNIs.

This basically means that all users within a cluster can dial each other by just dialing the extension number and users that want to dial other users outside of the cluster (to another cluster) would have to prepend the number they're dialing with the 3 digits PNI number for that specific cluster.

you would have to look for anything dialable on your elements. speed dials, extension numbers, hunt group numbers, path numbers and some feature access codes.

I think there might be more knowledgable guys to give your more detail but I think this is the just of it. The portable directory number document on MOL also clearly describes how the controllers function within a cluster and.

good luck

A good design will have all numbers Unique.

Realistically, when dealing with existing systems you will have many duplications.

Some duplications you can get away with. Speed dials for example. As long as you don't name them, speed calls can be duplicated.

Primarily, I would compare the Call rerouting forms and Telephone directory forms. The Call rerouting form contains most (98%) of the dialable numbers that would need to be unique between systems. The Telephone directory form is what opsman uses to synch systems and needs to be unique.

If you choose the PNA route described above. The sites can have whatever you want but the users need to dial more digits.

You need to decide whether ease of use or ease of programming is more important.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

I would go along with KwbMitel's suggestion and strongly encourage you to have a completely unique numbering plan rather then setting up PNIs.

Besides the system speed call table and telephone directory forms, look also at the call reroute assignment form in each element. CAL R AS should give you every assigned DN in the element and that coupled with the system speed call table (from each element) will get you 99.9% there.

You can have duplicates in the system speed call table as long as you do not put them in the directory. The phone directory entries must be totally unique.

Once you begin adding elements to the cluster use the DBTAB 29 command to check for size match (cardinality) between the element phone directory and the OPSman directory.

MitelInMyBlood,

DBTAB 29?

That's a new one on me.

This is a Maintenence Command I assume?

Yes, a maint command. Isn't it just wonderful what you can find by scrounging around in the docs? :) :)

From the maintenance command window

syntax: dbtab 29 (lower case)

System Response: (mine)
29 ($1D) sws_corp_dir[1..20000] Record size: 39
Address: 016CFF6E Bit map pointer: $00A7F990 Table cardinality: 1536

See dpar 146954 this command is documented in OPS training and supported via the telnet interface as well as in the 2K machines. It was recently added to the 3300 ESM in 7.1.5.13.
Without this very useful command you have no way to determine if your pbx teldir database matches what is in OPS. Use Table Cardinality number minus 1 should equal your number of directory entries in OPS. If not, then you have some work to do.

I have networked dozens of SX2000 and 3300 systems. Although it is easier to have a uniform dialing plan it is definitely not required. Opsman will ensure the dialing plan works. Keep your cluster element ID's the same length as the extensions. Keeping the numbers unique only allows you to trouble shoot easier, but if you know which forms Opsman deals with you will not have a problem.

mitelinmyblood, thanks for that command. maybe something for FAQ!

Thanks for the extra detail MitelInMyBlood.

I could have used this command recently.

Thanks for the star! Indeed it's a very useful command both when initially setting up a site w/OPS as well as for going back later to see how they're doing. It will sure tell the story if someone's been deleting pending changes that they couldn't get to propagate.

The dpar was raised to get the command added to the ESM in the 3300.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back