Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OPS With our without networked VM ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

T8keiteasy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2006
FR
Hi,

Network Element Editor :
What is the exact use of the following configuration ?

Voice Messaging Enabled: Specifies voice messaging administration (through MAC) to a 3300 ICP voice mail system with the options "Voice Messaging With Networked Voice Mail Support" and "Voice Messaging Without Networked Voice Mail Support"

Regards

Now, it's about French users too !!!

This is purely significant to 3300 only (possibly 200) if you select without networked voicemail then OPSMAN will only create the mailbox on the controller you specify when creating a new user.

If you use with networked voicemail it will try and create the mailbox on all clustered 3300 controllers.

Ian

Straight answer...I like that.
I have a 3300 ICP

Thanks

How many 3300 are you managing with OPSMAN?

Are you using networked voicemail?

I dont know many people who have used networked voicemail to be honest.

If your using embedded voicemail on each controller then simply select without networked voicemail, then when you add a new user select the local contoller in the drop down menu.

Hi,

I've only used and configured embedded VM

I have only one client which uses NU POINT, OPS editor config is so declared as networked VM

Thanks for the tip

Hi,

from what your saying above are you using Nupoint in this instance?

If so you do not select ny form of voicemail simply leave this box set to none.

You need to setup a voicemail profile in the telephone directory part of OPSMAN and select a valid voicemail box as your template as every user you now create will use this mailbox for FCOS,LCOS,MWI settings ETC.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back