Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ops man permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitelpassion

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2005
ZA
I'm trying to assign permission to users for ops man to have access to certain operations. In Ent manager it's fine as there is an auditor to do things like this. How do I actually assign permissions on OPS.

There are 6 groups created when ops is installed. Each group has several permission. How does one assign permissions from Ent manager users to these OPS groups.

I've tried to create a windows username and password and make it the same as the users on the ent manager but it doesn't work. the level of access stays the same.

also doesn't make sense how you tie a windows username to a windows groups and assing it to ops if you're always logged in as a same windows username.

the documentation says assing the windows username to the ops group. any help is apprecitated.
thanks

As far as I've been able to determine, the user groups no longer control anything. Permissions are assigned solely thru EMan.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

then how does one stop a user from editing or performing certain functions within OPS...

has this just been your experience or is this official in any way?
thanks for the response

Each Security Group in E-Man is tied to the OPSMgr groups...You are correct in saying it no longer uses the Windows created groups.
The E-Man Helpfile has the information as to which groups in Eman tie into their respective OPSmgr groups.

will have a read through ent help then. it didn't say anything in ops help.

thanks

You have groups OpsMgr 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
Each of these have specific privledges and limitations, but unlike the SX2K there is no means to restrict individual users from specific forms. (if that's what you're referring to)

yes kind off. Want to be able to restrict certain users from access certain or performing certain tasks within the OPS manager realm.

My research indicates the Eman has 5 default security groups that are Mapped/Associated with the Opsman User Groups and permissions.

It also states that you can create additional groups but that these would have no association with the OPSman Groups.

The 5 levels Are

Directory Admin Level 2
Derectory Admin level 1
Operations Level 2
Operations Level 1
System Administrator.

I cannot find a X-Ref to indicate which of the above associates with whichever OPSman group.

I would assume Sys admin to be level 6 and Operations 1 to be level 1 but beyond that no Idea

If I find any more I'll let you know.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

The opsman permission groups still have the same permissions as the old if you access the program from the old url

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ops/mitel/topa.asp

the user has to be in one of the Mitelopsmgr groups created in windows

then the old permissions apply

thanks for the info.
I still need to do some more research myself. I've never used these groups before so I'm still new to permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back