Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opinions...HP 1220 Printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aries2

Technical User
Oct 28, 2003
US
Hello,
I have a HP 1220 Printer. Lately I have been very dissatisfied with it. I bought it for the 13x19 printing capability, but it refuses to print straight and it dislikes every kind of photo paper but Hp paper. Anyone have this printer? If so, whats your opinion about it?

I dislike most HP printers.... I prefer Epson and Canon for the larger format, photographic quality ink jet printers.

When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

I tend to agree with viol8ion...

Ive had exceptional results with Epson Stylus Photo 700 ,820 and 1280 models.

You do need to pay attention to the paper you use.
It's probably best to use Epson paper with Epson printers but I've also had very good luck when I've used other paper (e.g. Kodak), that's been tested and qualified by Epson.

Each paper should reveal the printers it's qualified for along with detailed printer settings that must be set for optimum performance.

I bought an EPSON 960 (I forget the actual number.. it's nine hundred something... ) earlier this year from Best Buy and have been very pleased with the output. No, this isn't large format printing.

But you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the output of this printer and a regular photo lab.

When I print onto matte paper, you'd be hard pressed to tell that it wasn't printed from a high end commercial press - indeed it's better than a commercial press in my opinion - but definitely a home consumer model, still, as I wouldn't want to use it at work for reasons of speed (it's slow) or ink consumption (it's fairly thirsty for those cartridges).

I have a 1220C here in the office and if you use the correct paper it works very well. basically you have to be careful with the weight of the paper to thick the printer gets screwed up. I also find that its important to clean the heads on it more often then I would with other printers.
-marc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back