Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OPI Cost for Micros 3700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin518

Technical User
Nov 21, 2018
US
Hi,
Does anyone have a ballpark number for the cost for a store to deploy OPI with both wired and wireless pin pad devices? Just looking to see if we are even close in budget to consider something like this.​

Thanks
- Colin

"edit: just for the oracle license and programming, not the hardware or processing

If you using a third party and just need the Oracle interface license its just going to be a couple hundred dollars most. Free feel to contact me if you want more info

@W Third party is a Oracle Partner and requires OPI

Thanks, that'a relief. I think the transaction services licence was about 10K so i was a little nervous.

@WildBar Do you still use Eigen? If so i would love to chat with you about how you are using them and your thoughts on them as a solution.

Yes we do You can reach me at Jeffw299athotmail.com

It depends. My restaurant for some reason, after a year, is still unable to get the pinpads to work with our 3700 system.

Many long days and thousands of dollars worth of tech support later, they still have yet to send out anyone other than remotely, and the entire time have mostly relied on my credit card processor and I to do most of the research.

Either way, restaurants who are non-EMV compliant will be charged penalties by the credit card companies, so they're pretty much forcing your hand. Just don't end up like me, and if you do, don't expect Oracle to swoop in and solve it for you.

P.S. One of the main problems, I think, was that our modem was broken, and receiving terrible internet speeds. We are also setting a firewall to have more control on the gateways our modem accepts. But things that Oracle IT couldn't tell over remote, and didn't think to ask. A cautionary tale, in case it happens to anyone else.

Hopefully afterwards we are successful, and I hope success for yours as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back