Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Operator solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnowHope

Technical User
Oct 2, 2010
ZA
Just want pick everyones brains.

Any suggestions on the setup of 2 fairly busy operators using 5324 handsets. they refuse to use the 5550 consoles. Hunt group? Queuing? Call hold?

Thanks in advance

What about the 5540?

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

wHAT SYSTEM ARE YOU USING? S/W

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

System is a 3300 MXe, MCD 4.2

Currently I have intergrated the Mitel with an Ericsson BP250 and the operator consoles are currently on the Ericsson. The Idea is to slowly phase out the Ericsson.

The Salesman sold in the 5324 handsets already, and now my job is to make them function correctly without losing any of the Ericsson consoles functionality.

HELP!!!

I'm thinking a huntgroup with a RAD message for the operator queue message, but should the operators need to place a few calls on at any given is the part i need some suggestions.

You could use Multicall key appearance on the phones so that at least you could queue multiple calls.
Call re-route first alt to a RAD so that callers get a queueing message.
The biggest issue the functionality of a console the ability to retrieve calls and recall calls will not be the same but is possible, as is call park but multiple calls on hold is going to a challenge.
As loopylou has already suggested perhaps a 5540 is more suited.

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

- Supernova said:
The biggest issue the functionality of a console the ability to retrieve calls and recall calls will not be the same but is possible, as is call park but multiple calls on hold is going to a challenge.

I've had some success with programing a single group park key on the answering set. If multiple calls need to be placed on hold you simply press the key for each call. Retreiving is also a simple press, the calls return First in First out.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks for all the feedback guys

@kwbMitel - Can the calls on group park be recalled by both operators, I assume I just need to program a group park key on both handsets?

What about a hunt group for the two operators?

Yes the group park can be shared. The calls will still come out in the order they were put in (by either operator).

Hunt groups would not likely work for you. You might look into ring groups but all depends on what you want to have happen if 1 or the other operator does not answer.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back