Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Operator Overflow/ answer group 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmceuin

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2009
US
Ok, first forgive me for likely using the improper wording. If I remembered it, then I likely could find what I am looking for LOL. In the 6 years I have been in my current position, I have had to do this once and that 5 years ago... Anyway, our "operator" of course is the main line for the company 5200 and of course is plugged into the proper port to answer as the operator. However, we have a group of regular extensions that serve as a backup/overflow in case she doesn't answer. They are in some special queue or whatever to allow them to do this. I have totally forgotten what that is called and where it is. All my searches keep pulling up how to add additional operator stations and not the overflow. I am hoping maybe MerlinMan or someone can assist. If I remember correctly, this might be something that can only be done from the actual operator station and not from a WinSPM session though I may be wrong. Help is appreciated. If I have to do it from the operator station and it interupts or requires reboot, then I would like to come in quickly and do this on the 4th.

TIA!

been a while since I done it also , but it should be win spm or the programing station under operator , you should find overflow

More than likely, it's either the LINES are in a real CALLING GROUP, or, your operator is covered by the Extensions in what you think is a group.

I would advise that you print the following reports:

Group Cover - To see if the Lines are in a Group,

-AND-

Extension Info for the OPERATOR Extension - To see if individual Cover for that extension is assigned to the phones in the "group"

Also, just what are you trying to do?

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

MerlinMan. I printed this form my system setup. The operator phone is the one I am dealing with. I have as noted, 4 extensions that cover for this phone when out. I don't see this option available to set when in WinSPM. Is this something I have to do from the operator phone? I am going to double check and look for a primary coverage option. TIA

A Extn SS/PP Type
A 5200 2/ 1 4424LD+ + 1 DSS

A CTI Link : No Alarms: ACTIVE
A Pool Access :
A Page Group :
A Primary Coverage : 5222 5223 5224 5228
A Secondary Coverage :
A Coverage Group : 1
A Call Screening : OFF
A Group Coverers : 5299
A NS Groups : 5200
A Auxiliary Work Time : NOT ACTIVE
A Group Calling Member: 776

Put cover buttons on covering extension

Considering that extension 5200 is reporting these extensions cover it (5222 5223 5224 5228 ), then double check just where the button is on each by printing them out as well. (That may be what you said you are doing.)

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

but there was something I did either from the operator phone itself or from WinSPM that configured this cover option. At least I thought that is what I did. Are you saying that instead of programming on the system, I just go to the extensions that I want to cover this line and set them individually to cover it?

if this was a true overflow from the operator then you need a position busy on the operators phone , the position busy on then would flow to the coverage group

Position busy would only be available on a QCC, but a QCC would not allow other extensions to have Primary Coverage buttons. Thus, based on the partial print above, Ext. 5200 is a DLC.

jimceuin: Perhaps you were going into Centralized Telephone Programming through the console phone to add/delete the coverage buttons on other phones, and changing them from Immediate to Delayed ring? Because you can do that right from the target extension as well.

Thanks T3. I guess I had in the past used the operator phone to configure the other extension. I knew it was simple but was thinking it was through the "main" system like group calling and not just an option on the phone that the user could access. I guess it is because if they knew they could remove themselves from having to cover for the operator they would do it in a heart beat! Thanks again.

Ok. So setting the coverage for this config as stated is from the covering phone. Got that. But the folks that were already covering the operator extension are configured with a primary coverage "-D" and the new one "-I". The new covering extension rings immediately (what I gather is an obvious indicator of the -I) while the others are configured with primary coverage -D (which I guess is Delay). I don't see an option to configure the option from the individual user phone. Ideas?

Thank you very much. And that is one heck of a pocket reference... how big does Avaya think pockets are? LOL

So, this is what I ended up having to do. First, program the button using the menu or *40 so that the button was set for primary cover. Then press the button and then *36 to change it over to delay coverage. Interesting how it won't let me just directly programming it for delayed coverage.

When you put a line, pool, or coverage button on a phone, it comes up as Immediate Ring by default. If you want Delayed or No Ring, you must hit the button again and change it.

There is also Secondary Coverage, instead of Primary Coverage. Secondary Coverage buttons do not start flashing until the Secondary Coverage Delay has been met, and then they can be set for Immediate or Delayed ring. This can give you up to 4 levels of coverage: Primary Immediate, Primary Delayed, Secondary Immediate, and Secondary Delayed. So if Fred doesn't answer, 2 rings later Barney will start ringing. If neither Fred or Barney answer, Wilma starts ringing. If Fred, Barney, and Wilma don't answer, Betty starts ringing. Finally, if no one answers, voicemail will cover.

The actual book is tall in height and pocket size in width and surprisingly not too thick. You do have to tweak it a bit to get the side by side pages to show correctly in Adobe.
Turn on view/page display/two page view and view/page display/show cover page in two page view
that'l do it

@ttt

I thought you were going to type: So if Fred doesn't answer, 2 rings later Barney will start ringing. If neither Fred or Barney answer, Wilma starts ringing. If Fred, Barney, and Wilma don't answer, Betty starts ringing. Finally, if no one answers, dino will answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back