Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Operator DID

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpux10

Technical User
May 27, 2006
IR
Hi,

The issue I have is on an MX-ONE 3.2 system, although I guess it would be the same in MD110/TSW.

I have 5-digit extensions (5xxxx), and a 3-digit PRI code (435) for DID. Since the numbering plan in the PSTN is 7-digit, I have done number conversion (CNVTYP=0, ENTRY=435, NUMTYP=4, TRC=2). So from the PSTN, users dial 435xxxx to reach an extension.

Now I want to have 4351 as my operator DID number, so I have defined 51 as OD, and set OPCTS:ROU=1,CALT=7,CORG=1,OACC=51.

The problem is that when I do this, users calling 4351xxx (51xxx is in my internal numbering range) are also forwarded to the operator, so I can not have DID calls to users whose directory numbers start with 51xxx.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just how the system works?

Mohammad

Hi.
If you want to have 51 as an OACC you can't have any exstensions in these number ranges, i.e. 51XXX.

Mpe

Really?

I can see that it's allowed for the operator DID number series to be in conflict with other items in the number series, so I thought this would be OK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back