Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Operator call forwarding on busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbjo

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2002
SE
We deliver network based services to SMB. One of our customers wants to forward all calls directed to operator to our external service in case operator is busy.

The customer has BC11.

I have very limited pbx knowledge. Initial requests to PBX supplier indicates this is not possible to solve for the customer. I doubt the answer.

I would appriciate very much information from this excellent forum on the possibilities

Sorry, your scenario will not work, a new call goes always to the common queueu and stays there as long as there is an active operator.

In your case it is better to forget the operator and use a normal phone like the dbc213 and put this phone in a personal number list (or IRD list). The second entry in the list can be the external party. Tell entry one to go to entry two on busy.

Operatorphones are made for quick callacceptance and forwarding the call to others. An average callhandling of a few seconds is normal.

Hi!

This scenario is possible for incoming public calls direct to the operator, if the MD is UK or German version (maybe some other markets, too). In OPCTP there is a parameter called TIME.
If the operator is busy with another call, the next incoming public call is put in que, and after the time given in the parameter elapses
it will be rerouted to the RERNUM position.
Usually this position is an internal number, ACD/PBX group and so on.
If you have ACD group without members as a RERNUM position, a supervisor (DTS or operator), can ECF the group to an external
destination.
In Alex, look at Application systems/United Kingdom/General about the application system/Description market unique functions/Operator queue overflow based on time.

I have not tested this but according to ALEX this has to do with how you handle incoming external traffic when the operator is absent not busy.

The TIME parameter is set with the OPADC command and ALEX says:

OPADC OPerator Absent trunk traffic Distribution Change

The command is used to specify the handling of incoming external calls when the PABX operator is absent.

FICRI!

I tested it as follows:
-Operator DAYswitched
-Speech ongoing with opi
-Call from external line direct to opi - que display "1".
-TIME parameter 10 (=5s) elapsing
-Incoming call rerouted to RERNUM position
(This was the idea, which mbjo had, I presume?)

NOTE! If the OPADC is configured WITHOUT RERNUM (only Y), the call will be rerouted according rou night/day pos.

(Maybe you have been reading the NORMAL way of OPDNC?
This functionality is patched (from BC9 OMR689 is converted
by Ericsson UK to BC10 and BC11), but included e.g. in UK BC11.

Below a part of the description of the OPADC "UK".
Note, that if the TIME parameter is omitted, everything works as before.

"If parameter TIME has been entered together with parameter RERNUM, then calls towards this call origin group will only be allowed to queue for the specified time before they are sent to the RERNUM destination." NOTE: DAYTIME!!!!

Hope this clears up the differences here!

do not forget parnum=195 in BC11 to set the que-length for common operator. It can be very helpful

Thank you all for the very detailed answers. I appriciate it very much.
Unfortunately for me the customer is in Norway and not in the UK.

As to my understanding a similar patch existed in norway as well for BC9 (or even earlier) but are not to be transferred to BC11.

Anyone with an idear to why functionality like this has to be a patch to exist? It gives me a hint that it is not a very common request of functionality and therefore we might have wrong approach to the problem. Specially since i have received similar answer regarding Alcatel 4400. Or is it only because vendors are slow in respons to new demands.

"Operator queue overflow based on time" is from BC11 SP11 a new feature in the Swedish application system and it works as FCPLI wrote.
I beleve we in the nordic market uses nearly the same application system.

Here is a cut out from ALEX

2.3.1 Description
Existing overflow mechanism in ASB 501 04 is related to the queue position only. The new function adds an option to initiate overflow based on the actual time the caller has been in queue to an operator function, including overflow from different operator groups. Rerouted position and Time can be specified using I/O commands (OPADC).

basberra:

As I understand the Alex, it is a common data base for all markets. So, you can see that this functionality is released, but you have to check in "Application Systems", if the function is released in your market. If I understand the Alex right (maybe not), this is released in UK, US, DE, GR + an OMR called 689C (which you can buy from /// if the market responsible allows it). What I mean is that in Nordic countries this functionality is not released (not in SPxx).
Am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back