Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Operation must use an updateable query. #@#@#%

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowboardr

Programmer
Feb 22, 2002
PH
I have tried every possable avenue I have checked permissions. Accept I have no security tab in windows XP PRO, im still trying to get one shown up so I can't check to see if IUSR has write permissions...

Any suggestions on how I can get the security tab back? Or what else could be causing this?

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
Operation must use an updateable query.
/test.asp, line 18

I don't think this is a security issue. You may have to try re-writing your query. This is a typical Access error. You are tring to update fields in a recordset drawn from an access query which Access has marked not updatable. Access usually does this because a table join makes it unclear which table is being updated. There are other reasons access my do this. Write-ablility is usually last on the list.

Not sure how to add a link to another posting but try looking at postings to Karmafree's question regarding WinXp Pro and IIS problem (March 10 2002 in this site and forum). I had the same problem but was able to resolve it. I posted the steps I took under the afore mentioned post. With any luck they may work for you as well.

Good luck

I tried those steps, yet still unable to update or insert into my db. I guess my only option is to put win 2k on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back