Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Operation Must Use An Updatable Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

warrenk

Technical User
Feb 6, 2005
US
When I try to run the following SQL, I get the error message "Operation Must Use A Updatable Query". Any idea how to fix this?

UPDATE suppprice SET suppp_price = (Select price from str_prices where str_prices.brand_name = suppprice.suppp_brand and str_prices.product_url = suppprice.suppp_kurl AND str_prices.product_name = suppprice.suppp_knm)
WHERE company_id=2;

You could try this slow solution
Code:
UPDATE suppprice SET suppp_price = DLookup("price","str_prices","brand_name =""" & suppp_brand & """ and product_url = """ & suppp_kurl  & """ AND product_name = """ & suppp_knm & """")
WHERE company_id=2;
A faster solution would depend on Brand_Name, Product_URL, and Product_Name being the primary key of the table str_Prices.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

You may try this:
UPDATE suppprice INNER JOIN str_prices
ON suppprice.suppp_brand = str_prices.brand_name AND suppprice.suppp_kurl = str_prices.product_url AND suppprice.suppp_knm = str_prices.product_name
SET suppprice.suppp_price = str_prices.price
WHERE suppprice.company_id = 2

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Thanks again PHV...exactly what I was looking for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back