Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Operating system compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtyholmes

Programmer
Mar 17, 2004
AU
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a program object to run in a directory on a Unix Box on the network, when Crystal Enteprise is installed on a machine running Windows XP.

I have managed to get program objects to run on windows machines on the network, but whenever i put the working directory pointing to a Unix box, i always get a "Cant find working directory" error message.

Either

A) It is not possible to do this or
B) There is a permissions problem maybe.

Does anyone have any ideas

Hi,
In general, without additional steps,(probably like using SAMBA to create a mapped reference to the Unix directory ), Windows cannot access the directories on a Unix box, so it would show that error..

Talk to your Unix administrator about what would be needed to enable your windows box to 'see' the Unix directory..

[profile]

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have tried connecting using my mapped drive with Samba but still no joy.I will have to read the white paper and see if there is a way.

Thanks for the help

Hi,
Be sure the account that the Services in CE are running under have the correct permissions on the Unix side..The mapping may be under your account, but not accessable to CE.

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back