Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OpenVMS sync ASCII DNS files

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradox17

MIS
Oct 28, 2002
US
Has anyone synchronized the DNS files/changes on multiple VMS machines? I need a way to synchronize files across the network. If anyone knows a way or has done this, I will post more information that is specific about my configuration. Would rsync work for this on VMS? Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

Any ideas at all. I could really use some input on this issue. Has anyone ported the Binaries for RSYNC for HPUX to OpenVMS? Has anyone sync any files with multiple VMS machines?

Thanks

Anyone in the VMS forum have any suggestions on how to sync files across the VMS servers? ideas?

Sorry, just back...

Not sure but I know you can setup a DNS Client. I would guess you have one or more servers where you mainatin the files, the rest (being clients) would retrieve updates once in a while.
If you use VMS as a DHCP server, be sure to allow DNS updates by those machines. That will require some additional configuration on DNS (in the configuration file).

This being said: it will depend on your version of TCPIP, and the manufacturer. TCPIP 5.4 (that comes with VMS 7.3-2) can handle this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back