Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OpenText LiveLink - Retrieve NodeID using Metadata in Category

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin2020

Programmer
Jan 30, 2020
CA
Hello all,

I'm SAP consultant, currently integrating with OpenText Document Management using Webservices provided by LiveLink. I have a question. I'm getting couple of metadata from source system. Using the metadata I need to get the NodeID in the Document Management. From what I can see, the metadata is maintained and it's unique. For example - SAP Plant and SAP Equipment number. Can you suggest which Webservice method should I use to get the same?

Thanks,
Justin.

If you have Enterprise Library Web Services which is the way Workspaces are made in OpenText there are useful utility methods
If you only have standard OOB WSAPI exposed in Livelink then it is more work to do.

Clues are if your WSDL looks like someserver/cws/Authentication|DocumentManageMent|ContentService.svc then you only have
standard OOB WSAPI.You might be able to use REST API's which are more modern in this case which examples are developer.opentext.com

In purely answering your question from the MetadTa using Livelink search or Livelink Queris called Live Reports it is possible to find NodeIds that have your data
and if you know a starting path it becomes more easier also.

You might be able to get more better answers if you post here

I suggest asking the XECM forum or any other forum in that appropriately.

I have plent of WSAPI source code in my blog livelink.in

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back